cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 RECYCLING COMPLETE BREACH OF CUSTOMER TRUST - DO NOT USE!!!

TIMMORRIS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
To Whom It May Concern,

At 14.53 today, I had a phone call with ‘Liam’ (he refused to provide a surname) who was dealing with my case. I am very upset with the way my phone recycling has been handled by O2. 

When I sent the phone to 02 for recycling, I was quoted for the price of £410. I made absolutely sure there where no issues with the phone and ensured it was fully charged and in perfectly working order. Please also note that I was using this phone for the last year and half with out any issues, the day I stopped using it was the day that it was posted to O2. 

I am extremely angry to have been re-quoted a new price of £78 for my phone, allegedly due to ‘hardware faults.’ I do not accept that there was a software/hardware fault or that it does not connect to the computer as I did this successfully the day I package the phone to be sent to O2.

I have been a O2 Platinum customer for over 10 years with multiple personal devices and two business accounts all with 02. I also spend up to £100 per month on my personal phone which is changed every year and half for the best available phone all with O2. 

As you can see I am an extremely loyal and valuable customer of 02 and I have had a very good experience up to this point. I am extremely upset that I am being denied the remaining £332 of my recycling quote,  and because of this I will be moving all devices/contracts personal and business over to another provider. Any also new devices/contracts will also go to another provider (which on my business account is growing by around 2 new devices/contracts every 6 months).

I do not accept that 48 hours is an acceptable time frame to give busy customers like myself to accept or reject the offer put forward. I also do not accept that it should be automatically assumed that I accept your ridiculous offer, based on factually incorrect information, because I did not respond to the email. By law, I should give you written permission that I accept your offer and whether I would like to go ahead with it or not. 

I would also like photo and video evidence that the fault existed. I was told by Liam that the detailed report was on the email on the 15th October 11:25 which consisted of one bullet point of 11 words which did not include any evidence. 

I either want the phone sent back to me or the original £410 as originally agreed when I upgraded my phone to the iPhone 11 Max as this was the main reason for changing it due to the money off setting against the new one. 

Please confirm receipt of this email ASAP as I will be pursuing a positive outcome even if it costs me more than £410 out of principle.   

Regards,

Tim   
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@TIMMORRIS 

This is not customer service, sorry. 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
@EmilieT @Martin-O2 @Marjo hopefully they can help you and I'm not even sure you will get your phone back now either if they give you 2 days to accept the only thing I could think of is small claims maybe
Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@TIMMORRIS Unfortunately, this isn't the first time the customer community here has heard a story like this. If you search the community you will see that O2 Recycle is notorious for precisely what has happened to you. You can lodge a formal complaint using this link: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

The Resolver link within the link I have provided has, so we've been told, helped many people sort their problems out. Best of luck. Hope you get this sorted.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @TIMMORRIS
Terribly sorry to hear your awful story regarding o2 recycle. As you have been informed we are all customers and this is an o2 community forum where we all share info and help other o2 customers as much as we can. Sadly this is not an isolated incident and the advice to go to Resolver
will probably be the best option. Best of luck TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @TIMMORRIS, and sorry to hear you weren't happy with your recent experience with O2 recycle. worried

I've just sent you a Private Message to get a few more details, in case you'd like us to see what we can do on our end!

Thanks for the mention @liggerz87 slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 7

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
No worries even tho I tag wrong most the time haha
Message 7 of 7