cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Membership Entitlement (Corporate)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all. My company has a corporate account with O2 which allows it's employees 30% of all retail tariffs for the duration of a contract. I was thinking of maybe getting the Iphone 3G 8gb for free on the £45 per month tariff (minus 30%) then changing down to a lesser tariff after a month or so. The terms and conditions seem to allow this step down up to one time a month and doesn't mention any minimum period in which this can't happen.

I am looking for someone in the know to answer the below 2 questions please.

1. Am I allowed to downgrade my tariff after a month into a new contract?

2. Will stepping down a tariff still allow me to take advantage of the 33% discount off the new tariff?

Thanks very much.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

you would need to check the exact T&Cs of your company's contract with O2 as they may differ from O2's standard T&Cs for individual customers, especially since there is a generous discount on board.

As far as I know, O2's T&Cs state that you can only go down a tariff (say from £45 to £35) after 9 months from the start date of your contract, and after that you can go down a tariff per month.
It wouldn't make sense of O2 (or any business) to allow customers to take out an expensive contract and get a free (also expensive) mobile, and then let them downgrade almost immediately, as everybody would do that and O2 would lose out.

But again, your corporate tariff may be different.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies sheepdog and DonDino2, that helps me a lot. I couldn't see the minimum period before downgrading initially but now I see it referring to the link provided (section 5.15). That makes a lot more sense for O2. I think when it comes time for me to choose a new contract with O2, I will just choose my tariff wisely, then no problems down the line with the discounted rate.

One last thing I may have to ask the O2 shop about, unless anyone knows the answer here....Is this O2 open thing applicable to O2 simplicity tariffs also? If so, it will work out exceptional value...

Thanks!
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
The 30% discount applies to all o2 tarrifs and not just the iPhone ones
Message 4 of 4