Did you mean: 

O2 Numbers and Advertisers

Ocoromon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey Peops.

I just need to ask the community about the calls they might have had over the last week.

As the last week turned monday, i started to get calls from Bristal, London and farther away, Im in nottingham england.

I was wondering if o2 have sold number database to advertisers. The companies calling me are Road Accident Insurers, Mobile Phone Insurers and sellers, and Life Insurers. I must have had at least four calls since monday. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143188 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
Check your contact preferences in your MyO2 to make sure they are set to your needs and just block any spam callers you get.
Apps like Truecaller and Mr Number will identify and block known spammers too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Ocoromon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did not know of those apps. thank you for the info. i will also go and do that what you said.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143188 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
All the best mate and although you'll never stop these calls completely, you can reduce them greatly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the companies addressed you by name then a company you have had dealings with that has your mobile number has probably sold it on, if they didn't they are probably using an autodialler that is dialling 11 digit numbers at random.

Message 5 of 5