cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Internet Costs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone slight_smile
I have searched these forums and found nothing that matches what I am looking for.
Anyway I am using a Samsung Tocco S8300 with my laptop using the Samsung New PC Studio to provide my laptop internet at times during the day when I don't have any.

What I am now wondering though - is this costing me?
I'm on contract with O2 with 600 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited web browsing thats what I pay £33.07 a month.

So is this costing me money?
I sent a blank message to 20202 and come back with 252 minutes and 0 texts with unlimited balances remaining. £1.27 outstanding charges which was already there - although now I have been providing myself with internet for two days now I see no charges against me - GREAT grin

- Bottom line -

Am I being charged?
If I have unlimited web browsing within my contract does that allow me free internet with my laptop or is this charging me a massive amount? - Right now I am using it without 3G don't have any coverage or wifi slight_smile
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
A bit of emailing and light browsing (no YouTube-ing though!) would most likely pass just fine, and there is nothing mentioned in the T&Cs regarding instant messaging... It's probably another network's T&Cs that you're thinking of wink
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just had a check and you're right. Instant messaging defo used to be listed as being not allowed (honest guv!) and i've found references to it on this and other forums (just to make sure i wasn't going mad). But looks like it's been taken out so MSN away! I shall go now lol!
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're right, it did used to exclude Instant Messaging in the terms and conditions. I presume it was removed because people have moved away from it towards facebook, twitter etc.
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I remember seeing instant messaging restrictions in Orange's and perhaps other networks' T&Cs, but not on O2's, so it must have been a long time ago slight_smile

I use Fring all the time, as chatting with my mates while I'm on the train does help with the boredom of the trip wink
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well okay thanks slight_smile
I think I might cancel the bolt on now as I just can't be bothered using it and just waiting until I get home as the money could be put to a pizza or two slight_smile Haha money is getting tight these days and as my friends say my pink phone is a bit naff but I love it all the same 😞 Its platinum red!
If I cancel this bolt on will it affect my contract is my new question argh its taken me a few months to cancel the insurance and tech support tongue
I hope if I cancel the bolt on then I won't be charged and still get my redemption.
I read it wrong when I first signed up I thought it was £12.50 for the first 6 months but its you get 12.50 back each 6 months 😞
I need some help from professionals all the pages I have to read to get to the simple fact of does it cost me or not... argh.
Message 15 of 15