cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 In the poor house?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have decided to leave O2 today because.....

1. I'm tired of not being able to use my phone to make phone calls or surf the web at home without have to stand in hope in one exact spot to the millimetre for reception that lasts about 30 seconds only then to see it disappear again for 10 minutes.

2. Poor overall reception compared to most friends family in London.

3. Having my Direct debit taken days after due date leaving me open to bank charges several times.

4. Finally I have been trying to negotiate a new contract which ended when Samsung were rolling out the S6 on O2.  I was intially offered to have my remaining bill wiped off by Samsung, a half price charging plate, from samsung. A much more attractive tarrif for the 64g model with less upfont cost. (all these tariffs now seem to have disappeared)  I'm also eligible for a 30% discount for being a NHS employee. Unfortunately I had to go away for some weeks and could not commit on the spot. On my return I tried to see if O2 could offer me anything like this? The answer NO! all the goodies were subsidised by Samsung. All O2 will reward me for 4 years loyal custom and for having to putting up with well below the average acceptable coverage (OFCOM) is the NHS discount, which most of the other competitors offer me anyway. I tried four times to gain a better deal and they would not offer data, an improved tarrif, not even 50 pence off the S6 charging plate. So I have started to wonder if they can afford it? With really poor coverage and no improvement for many years despite the spiel, Without the might of Samsung behind them they could offer me precisely nothing as an carrot to stay with them. So I have to say EE here I come. Which I think is really sad and quite crappy to be honest  that I feel I have to do that after being a loyal customer for several years and recommending them to others. Poor show!! (Is There a buy out coming to help O2 perform?)

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It really does pay to shop around @Anonymous I stay with O2 because they meet my needs and i rarely have a problem with them. I was in a position to buy my handset outright and go for a sim only deal. I just was lucky that at the time O2 were offering a very good deal on the tariff of my choice. All of that would have counted for nothing if they didn't provide me with a damn good signal. All down to personal need I expect. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To be honest I'm not sure why you would even want to stay with O2 if you can't get signal at home. It matters not what they offer you really if you can't use a phone for what it was designed for. Maybe you are lucky they didn't offer you a deal.

The best option to get a deal is to simply choose the option to leave when you call O2 and you will be put through to retentions who may then offer you incentives to stay with O2....but why would you want to?

Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, Three have already bought O2, it's in the advanced stages so won't be long now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

To be honest I'm not sure why you would even want to stay with O2 if you can't get signal at home. It matters not what they offer you really if you can't use a phone for what it was designed for. Maybe you are lucky they didn't offer you a deal.

The best option to get a deal is to simply choose the option to leave when you call O2 and you will be put through to retentions who may then offer you incentives to stay with O2....but why would you want to?

I was hoping it might improve with 4G as I had read about the 98% coverage claim. I went through to retentions and was offered a pittance of the charging plate and when I asked for a better offer they basically said buy we will disconnect.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Yes, Three have already bought O2, it's in the advanced stages so won't be long now.

Does that mean things can only get betteraha?

Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Signing up with EE tomorrow.

Message 7 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22945 Posts
  • 1023 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Have you checked what your coverage is with EE? It's always best to try Pay & Go sims from the other providers to see how good your signal is before you commit to a long term contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will Thank you.

Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It really does pay to shop around @Anonymous I stay with O2 because they meet my needs and i rarely have a problem with them. I was in a position to buy my handset outright and go for a sim only deal. I just was lucky that at the time O2 were offering a very good deal on the tariff of my choice. All of that would have counted for nothing if they didn't provide me with a damn good signal. All down to personal need I expect. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10