Did you mean: 

O2 Home camera system..

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Which cameras do people have?
Would users be interested in setting up the cameras on their own networks instead of using the O2 hub?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
No worries.
Will try myself at some point, but like you am busy with other things (@Cleoriff will not approve as cutting down to lots of conifers to replace with fencing - digging out roots in this weather is not fun!)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122898 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I totally agree with cutting down those fast growing conifers @gmarkj I have two Leylandii in my garden and have a tree surgeon come every year to hack them back (Damn invasive nuisance)

Apologies....back on topic wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 18

gmarkj
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
/offtopic
Dug out 11 sets of roots on one side to replace with fence. My "better" half then suggests we "trim" the other side and replace with fence next year. At which point I trim to waist height instead of 5ft. Oops.
\offtopic
Did you ever get anywhere with yours @PhoneChanger? From what I have read it should be a case of reset using recessed button, then directly cabling to a router and connect that way. Just need to set up port forwarding at that point though...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 13 of 18

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

@gmarkj I managed to get IP access to some of the cameras buy following the reset process (you'll need to google the camera brands for instructions), some, like the samsung are strightforward however some, like the Pan & Tilt you need to reset before it reconnects via the router otherwise the password resets to what O2 have it (and it isn't the default).

Some are now available for use as an IP camera but I haven't got round to trying to get them to motion record etc as prior so currently they are all disconnected till I have the time to really focus on it.

Message 14 of 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Pretty much where I got to.
Message 15 of 18

gmarkj
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Did either of you esteemed chaps get any further with this @viridis @PhoneChanger ?
Have got the 8230 and 8221 semi working (connect to IP camera app, but no motion trigger).
Cannot get the 4551 to connect to my router as needs power and connection and not sure how to.
Still to try the Samsung and the outdoor one...
Wife wants to get them back working as heard through the grape vine cars the next road over had been broken into...

Message 16 of 18

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@gmarkj sadly not, I gave up on this about a year ago.
Message 17 of 18

gmarkj
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Rubbish.
The Samsung one I can use if I log into the IP for the camera, but not even the Samsung or manufacturer app likes it.
Might just have to give them up as a bad job and see if I can sell them on and replace with something that would work.
Didn't want to as the SmartThings approved ones are not cheap!

Message 18 of 18