Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: O2 Guide to MMS charges

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm glad you found the video helpful. We're also adding these to the appropriate guides as and when they come in to add that extra layer of info. 

Is there any topic you'd like to see O2 produce a video guide on? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 2: Apprentice

why not do something bold like offer 20 or so MMS messages included in all new o2 contracts (included in tariff) and just add £0.50/month to all tariffs. How much does it realistically cost o2 for a customer to send a picture across the mobile network (~5MB data) ? stuck in old fashioned ways of thinking...

i have a mobile phone on o2
Topics: 530

The reali6is that no networks want customers to use MMS anymore as they need to keep 2g services running to support them.
They will all be switched off sooner or later.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

MMS works over 3G and 4G just fine. In fact it’s actually a data service just like what’s app, but provided by the carrier. you can see it in your phones carrier settings...

http://mmsc-ac.mms.o2.co.uk:10021/mmsc
Topics: 530

Yeah I know but it still needs GPRS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

O2 have already switched GPRS off here. My phone only ever goes between 3G and 4G and MMS messages work just fine.