Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Fixed Number Anywhere

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check this one out:
http://dnc.o2.co.uk/home/2009/07/landline-mobile.html

It sounds very promising, but only if they are willing to explore the possibilities to the max!

All it is, is a landline number that rings on your mobile. A very, very simple concept, but with great potential for more applications.

For instance, they could make ring groups, where the O2 landline number would ring a few landlines (e.g. home, work) and mobiles at the same time, and whoever answers first wins. And they could make call hunts, where the O2 landline number rings landlines and mobiles one after the other until one of them is answered.

Furthermore, they could go for a google-voice-type service, where each call could be diverted to a certain mobile (or landline) based on criteria such as time of day or caller ID.

The possibilities are unlimited, but will they be explored? Let's wait and see.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
looks like it will come soon there is a blank page here http://www.o2.co.uk/sme/businessservice ... eranywhere

Lets hope it comes soon.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
It has launched
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll call them tomorrow, however if it's only for business customers it will be a blow, and a strangely bad decision on O2's part (of course with Telefonica behind them, such baffling business decisions are to be expected).
Personal customers such as myself would certainly want to get their own mobile landline number, as it would make so many things easier - for example, easily forwarding VoIP calls from abroad to my mobile, which is so expensive at the moment, but would be so much cheaper if I had a landline number which would ring my mobile for free.

Let's see what they tell me tomorrow.
Message 4 of 5

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
we are a business customer and for us it will save us money as some of our customers are banned from ringing mobiles so we have to pay bt to divert landline last quater diverts were £60 so £33 for 2 mobiles to get the same. bt will lose a lot when people start using this.
Apple Watch series 4

Message 5 of 5