cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Dreadful customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having been with O2 I am glad to hear I can finally leaveBouncy. O2 customer service has always been bad but I stayed with them simply because I use Visual Voicemail and when I oreviously moved to Vodafone, I missed itCry. However now EE have not only far better coverage but also VVM. The only problem now is getting through the dreadful hold queueDon't know. I spent around 2 hours last week getting a PAC code but since I has not arrived, I have had to call back. 15 minutes on hold resulted in an appology but they have lost my request. I have now been on hold for 46 minutesDestroy.

When you get through to O2's automated call direction system, you hear that they are unusually busy Confusedand hold tiomes are longer trhan expectedCrazy. This is simply a lieThinking. Every time you call them, you hear the same infuruating messageEvil. If you hear this every time, then surely this cannot be unexpected, thus they are either incompetant or telling porkiesWave!

Anyway, I can put up with holding, as long as it results in my PAC code and not having to deal with this bunch of idiots again.

53 minutes and still holding.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Nice use of emphasis and smiley's Fantastic

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 40

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Good luck with your new network. I can't see why you think they are not telling the truth about the queuing time. Customer service will be swamped with calls re unfulfilled iphone orders at the moment and have been for weeks and probably weeks to come.

Message 3 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!I had nothing better to do whilst I sat in the hold queue. It eventually took 1.02 hrs to get the PAC code, but I held until it came through on my phoneHug.

Message 4 of 40

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Nice use of emphasis and smiley's Fantastic

Agreed , very colourful and must be the online equiavalent to doodling whilst bored out of your mind with the terrible music and stupid woman telling you how important you are to them....LOL

Message 5 of 40

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Good news - Enjoy EE slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 40

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!I had nothing better to do whilst I sat in the hold queue. It eventually took 1.02 hrs to get the PAC code, but I held until it came through on my phoneHug.

Just knew you'd get there in the end. Admire your stamina Spaced

Message 7 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Every single time I have ever called O2, they are "unusually busy". Unusually busy generally means that this is different or exceptional. Sky TV are just as bad. They say a similar thing, every time you call. What they should say is something like:

"Please be prepared to wait a long time because we do not have enough people answering the phones. If you call at one of our unusually un-busy times (although we don't get many of these), you may get through reasonably quickly."

I have spent around 2-3 hours in the last week trying to get a PAC code to leave O2. At least my patience has paid off.

Message 8 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

that has made me smile!! love it! 

Message 9 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can feel the frustration in your post and most warranted.

I hope you find better times with your new network.

Take care.
Message 10 of 40