cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Data Network in Hull City Centre

Anonymous
Not applicable

I work in Hull, have 2 O2 mobiles, an O2 Sim in my laptop and my company all use O2 mobiles etc.

However the data network does not work...

We have full signal 3G access but the network is dramatically slow in the morning and by midday is totally unusable.

The office I work in is in the city centre around the Carr Lane area and it is not an in building problem because I get the same problem outside.

Can you fix this problem for me ? and be aware that our contract (2,000+ devices) is currently going to RFP and this will be a major consideration given nearly half of the workforce work in Hull.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

We are all customers here like you so I'm afraid cannot fix this for you.

What does your http://status.o2.co.uk state via your postcode.

Some have said that congestion on masts as O2 upgrades can be a factor but not so much on 4G.

Maybe turn off 3G in the devices settings to see if that helps although data connection will be slowed too.
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

We are all customers here like you so I'm afraid cannot fix this for you.

What does your http://status.o2.co.uk state via your postcode.

Some have said that congestion on masts as O2 upgrades can be a factor but not so much on 4G.

Maybe turn off 3G in the devices settings to see if that helps although data connection will be slowed too.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, just done a network check and there is a problem. Interesting though this issue has existed for months so wonder if they are actually doing anthing about it.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
If it is showing as a fault they will be working to fix it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks, just done a network check and there is a problem. Interesting though this issue has existed for months so wonder if they are actually doing anthing about it.

You're welcome. 

You can ask customer services to email or text you on how the mast issue is progressing. 

When it's showing as good perhaps re boot your devices to re connect. 

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Argreed the data in hull is shocking, I have no chocie but to be on o2 becasue in ruarl east yorkshire nothing is better for calls and texts or maintaining siganl whilst on the move but in some small villages and towns I get better 3g then I do in hull city centre why is this??

Also Vodafone and EE have 4G now why don't we?? should I consider a trail with one of these?

It's shocking that in a big city center speeds are poor and with its fixed lines being KC there is a massive lack of BT FON openzone and clould servcies like you find in other citys which I don't use as I'm genally on 4G even in York and scarbrough have 4G Come on o2 don't forget about Hull

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had this same problem for well over a year now. I am not sure if it is something to do with O2 upgrading the masts to 4g. The network status page was reporting a problem with a mast near me for months, but that is now showing as fixed, but the signal is still no better.
Hopefully O2 4g should be arriving soon(end of February supposedly) and that may just fix the problem.
Message 7 of 7