cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having been an o2 customer for over 5 years I have experienced no end of problems, however they have always sorted them out until late.

I upgraded my phone in December and it has started to go faulty but because I am not within 28 days I have to send my new handset away to be repaired!! They have said it will take approximately 4-6 weeks and they do not offer loan phones.

I spoke to a Senior Manager who was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and all he could say is if your not happy with the service then write in....

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm pretty sure they offer loan phones for a £25 deposit.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm pretty sure they offer loan phones for a £25 deposit.

Stores offer loan phones.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
They will only offer you a loan phone if you are an offline customer, which means you took out the first contract or your upgrade in store. As has already been said, it would be at a cost of a £25 deposit.

If your handset it broke then the returns process O2 have in place is just as you have stated. It's in the T&C and O2 do not have to give you a temp hand set.

I would also add that I would bet it takes less the 4-6 weeks. That is a very long time, very strange they have quoted that time scale.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 honour the guarantee given with their handsets, so when it breaks within the guarantee period, they will gladly repair or replace it.

I'd like to comment on the previous poster's message that O2 Stores will take a handset and send it away for repair regardless of whether you originally ordered it online or bought it at a store. If you take it to a store they can give you a loan phone (if you ask for it, they don't seem to willingly offer the option grin ) for a £25 deposit, again regardless of whether you are an online or a store customer.

That said, O2 prefers online customers to send their phones to their freepost repairs address instead of taking them to stores, it seems this way the service is better and takes less time. The repair/replacement time depends on technician workload and stock availability, I had to wait 6 weeks for a new N95, but on another occasion when I took it in for a repair they returned it within 3 days.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes a store will refuse to that, just as if an offline customer called through to customer services regarding a faulty phone, they would get sent in store. Depends on the store or CSA you get through I guess and whether they are following policy.
Message 6 of 6