cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Customer Care

Anonymous
Not applicable

I never give feedback or reviews on anything unless i feel strongly about something, but i have to leave something in this case as the way the o2 customer service team (specifically one guy who i can't remember his name sorry) dealt with me was, i feel above and beyond, and i would love to personally thank the guy i chatted with on the phone. I recently upgraded to iphone x but silly me forgot to take out the insurance and i lost my phone. the guy i chatted with must have looked at my account and seen that i had been a loyal customer, so he popped me on hold to speak to a manager about my situation and even though i was not covered he managed to secure me an iphone 7+ as a replacement with no excess charge. So he literally made it so o2 just gave me a new phone. I know i don't have an X anymore but that is my fault. Truly greatful to this man. Wonderful customer service.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Nice to hear and I'm sure @Martin-O2 or @MercedesS will be willing to pass on your thanks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

When you say no excess charge does that mean this guy and his manager gave you a free iPhone 7 plus that isn't going to be added to your account or do you now have two accounts?

Have you got the phone yet or looked at your My O2? 

If as you're saying they've managed to just lose a £700+ iphone from stock them I'm astounded at their goodwill and you're a very very lucky man @Anonymous 😀

Just a mention for @Marjo too. One of them will be contacting you.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is exactly what they have done for me. One hell of a Gesture of Goodwill I say. Haven't got the phone yet as i'm waiting for it to be delivered, but My02 page hasn't changed to reflect a new account. The guy literally said as a Gesture of Goodwill because you have been a customer for so long that they would give me an iPhone 7+

Message 4 of 5

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mentions @MI5@jonsie

@Anonymous Sounds like your call with customer services went really well! I'm happy to pass on your feedback but I'll need a couple of details in order to find the member of staff you spoke with. I'll send you a private message on this so please get back to me when you can. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5