Did you mean: 

O2 Community on mobile - full view VS mobile view

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I hope you're all having a good week so far!

We know a few of you access the Community only via their mobile phone, while some might only do so occasionally and mainly use their computer nerd

Today we'd like to get some feedback from you on the two different views available when using the Community on your mobile: the full view and the mobile view.

IMG_5253.jpg

What do you think are the pros and cons of each of these versions at the moment?

Which one do you usually use?

Looking forward to your thoughts on this!

Thanks!

Update:

So far, here is the feedback we've got:

• Full view

. Crammed view and hard to read.

• Mobile view

. No option to quote, add emojis, pictures, videos, links, format, or edit in a new post or reply (but options are there in PMs).

. @ function doesn’t prompt list of participants.

. Flag function is called “Report inappropriate content” instead of “Report content”.

. Only possible to Report the first post of any topic, as there’s no “options” dropdown in the top right corner of the posts.

. Topic views do not show on thread level as they do in Full view.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
@Cleoriff I don't mean have o2 on here I mean make o2 community a mish mash of Facebook and Twitter site not have o2 on here as I know o2 have Twitter and Facebook not sure if you know what I mean it's a bit hard to explain lol
Message 31 of 55

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I thought this was Facebook 😐
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 55

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@liggerz87 Do you mean you'd like to have a Notifications function on the forum, like some social media channels have? So you could see you've been mentioned, or there's been a reply to your post, without checking your emails? 

@Cleoriff All opinions are welcome wink It's a good point that it'd make sense to keep them separate since they work so differently!

@MI5

LOL

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 33 of 55

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I thought this was Facebook 😐

No difference....

For anyone interested in in the Nags Head in Accrington. I would put it as my infrequent update on Facebook but it's going to get more likes 👍on here ....or maybe not 👎

Message 34 of 55

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Yes Emilie like that most time I have to guess were I been tagged or mentioned so if it wasn't for email I wouldn't reply to anyone lol
Message 35 of 55

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@liggerz87 wrote:
Yes Emilie like that most time I have to guess were I been tagged or mentioned so if it wasn't for email I wouldn't reply to anyone lol

Do you not get notified .By the unread envelope for PMs?

mentions may be turned off in your settings.

Message 36 of 55

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@jonsie Hope you had a good time at the Nags Head joy

@liggerz87 That's a good idea, although there are notifications for the PMs at the moment there are none for mentions or direct replies other than via email so definitely something that'd be useful! slight_smile That's not for the Community via mobil specifically but for the forum in general, right?

signature

Message 37 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmilieT 

I don’t know if this has anything to do with the latest update to the community platform, but quoting posts is now only possible if you turn the screen to landscape view. In portrait it’s as if the quote button is just out of view. That’s on an iPhone 7, so it’d be interesting to see if any other handsets are affected. 

5EF91097-9B2B-4CBA-A0E1-6FE6234CB606.jpeg

0E6430F1-1A04-4FB9-BE81-956BF7C47956.jpeg

Message 38 of 55

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Always been the same on an iPhone...
Was reported 4 or 5 years ago and never fixed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 39 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 

Well isn’t that strange that I’ve never noticed before thinking

Mind you, a lot of my posts are written when I’m sat in front of a desktop PC  neutral

Message 40 of 55