Did you mean: 

O2 Community on mobile - full view VS mobile view

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I hope you're all having a good week so far!

We know a few of you access the Community only via their mobile phone, while some might only do so occasionally and mainly use their computer nerd

Today we'd like to get some feedback from you on the two different views available when using the Community on your mobile: the full view and the mobile view.

IMG_5253.jpg

What do you think are the pros and cons of each of these versions at the moment?

Which one do you usually use?

Looking forward to your thoughts on this!

Thanks!

Update:

So far, here is the feedback we've got:

• Full view

. Crammed view and hard to read.

• Mobile view

. No option to quote, add emojis, pictures, videos, links, format, or edit in a new post or reply (but options are there in PMs).

. @ function doesn’t prompt list of participants.

. Flag function is called “Report inappropriate content” instead of “Report content”.

. Only possible to Report the first post of any topic, as there’s no “options” dropdown in the top right corner of the posts.

. Topic views do not show on thread level as they do in Full view.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo wrote:

Thanks for the additional points @Anonymous and the detailed descriptions of the issues, much appreciated. What device are you using and browser? slight_smile

@Marjo

iPhone 7, and Safari. 

Message 21 of 55

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I tend to use a laptop when I am on the community.
On those occasions when I use my phone I get the issue @pgn raised above, where the name of the thread (or rather the box it is in) is unable to resize properly and so runs down the page.
I have not used any forum apps (TapaTalk for instance) so not sure if those make life easier or not.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 22 of 55

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks! @gmarkj and @Anonymous for the additional feedback, I'll compile it soon into the OP so we can see what you all raised so far and continue collecting comments from there slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 23 of 55

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, and thanks for all the feedback! I've now compiled it in the OP, and here's what we've got so far:

• Full view

. Crammed view and hard to read.

• Mobile view

. No option to quote, add emojis, pictures, videos, links, format, or edit in a new post or reply (but options are there in PMs).

. @ function doesn’t prompt list of participants.

. Flag function is called “Report inappropriate content” instead of “Report content”.

. Only possible to Report the first post of any topic, as there’s no “options” dropdown in the top right corner of the posts.

If you've got anything else to add, don't be shy, we'd love to know more about your mobile experience of the Community! From your comments, I understand that @Glory1, @Anonymous, @pgn and @liggerz87 regularly access the Community on their mobile regularly, but if anyone else also does, do jump in and tell us how you're finding it smiley 

signature

Message 24 of 55

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Also when you tag me in stuff I don't see where the tag happens and can't find the post lucky I have emails come so it tells me were the tags are also mobile view i use I had to check email as I couldn't see what post I just got tagged in
Message 25 of 55

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Also another problem there seems to be is if you inbox me and I try reply I might report you by accident happened to Martin and marjo when I tried to reply and for some reason I needed up nearly blocking them and reporting post and muting them nearly
Message 26 of 55

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@liggerz87 wrote:
Also another problem there seems to be is if you inbox me and I try reply I might report you by accident happened to Martin and marjo when I tried to reply and for some reason I needed up nearly blocking them and reporting post and muting them nearly

Oh that's interesting! Was it on mobile view or on full view @liggerz87?

signature

Message 27 of 55

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Mobile view I'll click the inbox if there is one read it then reply and some times it might report or something like that and that's on mobile view
Message 28 of 55

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I'm thinking maybe the o2 community could have an app that mixes Twitter and Facebook into an o2 community app instead of browser and if you get tagged in stuff with @ you then get notification that then takes you to were you are tagged at so then either go through the comments or from were you tagged at to then read from there
Message 29 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@liggerz87  O2 do have a twitter account and a FB site already. Personally I would prefer to keep them separate from the Community (just my opinion of course) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 55