Did you mean: 

O2 Community on mobile - full view VS mobile view

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I hope you're all having a good week so far!

We know a few of you access the Community only via their mobile phone, while some might only do so occasionally and mainly use their computer nerd

Today we'd like to get some feedback from you on the two different views available when using the Community on your mobile: the full view and the mobile view.

IMG_5253.jpg

What do you think are the pros and cons of each of these versions at the moment?

Which one do you usually use?

Looking forward to your thoughts on this!

Thanks!

Update:

So far, here is the feedback we've got:

• Full view

. Crammed view and hard to read.

• Mobile view

. No option to quote, add emojis, pictures, videos, links, format, or edit in a new post or reply (but options are there in PMs).

. @ function doesn’t prompt list of participants.

. Flag function is called “Report inappropriate content” instead of “Report content”.

. Only possible to Report the first post of any topic, as there’s no “options” dropdown in the top right corner of the posts.

. Topic views do not show on thread level as they do in Full view.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have the BBC site on my Laptop and Mobile @Anonymous

I have just accessed the site from your link (on my laptop) and find no difference.

It does pick up on your favourite section(s) but there is no change to the layout at all.

The phone layout (which has just been updated) appears no different either?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 55

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I only use mobile view and upload of photos need to be upped as then when I do then is look at it on google photos screen shot that and then crop and then I can upload them for instance the phone mast post I did
Message 12 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I have the BBC site on my Laptop and Mobile @Anonymous

I have just accessed the site from your link (on my laptop) and find no difference.

It does pick up on your favourite section(s) but there is no change to the layout at all.

The phone layout (which has just been updated) appears no different either?

Yes, the user experience is seamless across all devices.

But I guess that community forums are more challenging for developers, because of the additional functionality that we’ve perhaps taken for granted. The sort of issues that some giffgaff users are experiencing range from loss of editing tools, kudos and @mentions not being available, inability to upload images, issues with logging in, and generally slow performance when browsing the community. And that’s just the kind of issues that I can readily recall. 

Trying to achieve a “mobile responsive” platform is something you’d expect a mobile network to be working on, but perhaps the one-size-fits-all solution isn’t the way forward after all. 

If O2 do end up going down that road, one would hope that they’ve learnt lessons from giffgaff’s experience. 

Message 13 of 55

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff@Glory1@pgn, @Anonymous, @Anonymous and @liggerz87 for your detailed feedback so far, I really appreciate it smiley 

If you guys notice anything else on the mobile VS full view please feel free to keep on sharing your thoughts, all feedback is welcome thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 55

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Just back from my holiday so catching up on all the comments above, echoing @EmilieT, thanks a lot for your comments so far @Cleoriff@Glory1@pgn, @Anonymous, @Anonymous, @liggerz87! Screenshots are helpful too so cheers for that too.

So I take it the main issues with Full View are some pages are crammed and not displaying well (like the unread posts or threads list), and with mobile view there are some vital elements missing such as ability to add images/video to posts, quoting (is there more missing?). I hadn't realised the issue of @ mentions on mobile view so thanks for that!

Message 15 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a couple more observations I need to add:

In mobile view, we're still using the term "Report Inappropriate Content", as opposed to the amended term "Report Content" that we now see on the full site. Only a minor discrepancy perhaps, but on a smaller screen, the change in wording would allow a smaller button to be assigned to that function.

Secondly, and this only seems to apply to Off-Topic, there is no option to report content in mobile view, or edit posts. Every other section appears to have those options in mobile view, but maybe when kudos was removed from Off-Topic, it meant losing some other functionality as well.

Message 16 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I've noticed that reporting content is only available on the first post (i.e. in mobile view).

Screenshot.jpg

Edit: perhaps there's some work going on in the background.

Message 17 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousIs the option to report any post available in Full view?

Edited to add, I have answered my own question as I've just tried it. Yes all posts are availabe to report in full view...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff

It's getting bizarre, and it appears that it's the first post on each page that can be reported (rather than the OP). And the edit button has also disappeared. But I suspect that they've started investigating possible improvements based on the feedback that's already been provided.

Off-Topic does need looking at though, as in mobile view, all you can do is reply to a post:

Screenshot2.jpg

Message 19 of 55

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for the additional points @Anonymous and the detailed descriptions of the issues, much appreciated. What device are you using and browser? slight_smile

We're still collecting all of this together so if you guys spot anything else, bugs or issues, and especially things that are currently working better on full view for you than on mobile view, please do let us know. And thank you for your help as always. slight_smile

Message 20 of 55