Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Community App

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 256 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
I think it would be a really good idea to have a stand alone O2 community app for both Android and iOS! Something that you can just access through one click of a button instead of all these sign in processes. I find that if you click the link currently to reply to a message, you type the message out and then get stuck in a login page loop! Meaning you lose your message and have to access the website again and login again and type it all out again! Becomes annoying after a while! I think O2 customers would be more likely to use the community as well if there was a stand alone app for it. slight_smile
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

We have asked for a Community App quite a few times already but I'll ask the question of admin again  @EmilieT   @Marjo ?

Message 2 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

I just use this @SamsungFanBoy 

https://community.o2.co.uk/

2 clicks and you are signed in. It's the first thing I do when logging on in the morning. It doesn't matter whether you are on Android, iOS or a PC, the process is the same.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 30

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I prefer to use this one though as it's only one click.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/message

I've got that one as well @jonsie. However if you are signed out at night and come on first thing in the morning, you still have to sign in to post, so it is actually two clicks. upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 30

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Tis true although for some unknown reason it's one click for me because Firefox loads my username and password and then automatically signs me in. I don't know why unless LastPass does it. I don't want to change any settings in case I have to, horror, do two clicks cool

Message 6 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Tis true although for some unknown reason it's one click for me because Firefox loads my username and password and then automatically signs me in. I don't know why unless LastPass does it. I don't want to change any settings in case I have to, horror, do two clicks cool

@jonsie 

It must be LastPass which I don't have. So whichever way I do it, it's 2 clicks. However, when you log on every day at 8am, it's a pretty rapid process...Click, Click...and in rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 30

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 256 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
See, I've just been logged out again after putting that post up! I always have to login all the time but that isn't really the bug bearer, it's the fact that I get stuck in a login page loop and can't get out of it if I click a link off an O2 Community email. Don't ask me why... it just happens!
Message 8 of 30

Hopeful2BHappy
Level 4: Observant
  • 76 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hello All,

I agree with @SamsungFanBoy! I stumbled across this post as I was just about to ask the same question, ref. Stand alone O2 Community App.

It is SOOO annoying to have some many "clicks" to reach the Community site.... then prompted to log on and yes, looking your typing and the have to type again...

Perhaps the new comming Aura might solve this issue?!

All being well for the Everest Level users, to find your ways with your eyes shut around the web of the O2 Community, but for a novice like me (sorry, newly awarded apprentice!), it is more of lost in the dusty cobweb...

I am really looking forward to use a proper, stand alone app for O2 Community
Message 9 of 30

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

It's been three weeks since I asked admin to come back to us on this. Still waiting....

Message 10 of 30