Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Community App

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
I think it would be a really good idea to have a stand alone O2 community app for both Android and iOS! Something that you can just access through one click of a button instead of all these sign in processes. I find that if you click the link currently to reply to a message, you type the message out and then get stuck in a login page loop! Meaning you lose your message and have to access the website again and login again and type it all out again! Becomes annoying after a while! I think O2 customers would be more likely to use the community as well if there was a stand alone app for it. slight_smile
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Hopeful2BHappy
Level 4: Observant
  • 76 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thank you @SamsungFanBoy, it's a shame, and I was looking forward to an O2 Community app.. 😊
Message 21 of 30

Hopeful2BHappy
Level 4: Observant
  • 76 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
... I was also thinking (it's my level, isn't it ?), could the higher IT department from O2 build a social platform just for O2?! a bit similar with Facebook, but obviously under a different name, ... something like FreshO2 or more distinctive?, and all of O2 community members may benefit from fast interaction yet with more facilities, etc. ?!...
What everyone think?

Kindest regards, 😊
Message 22 of 30

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@SamsungFanBoy wrote:
It would because yet again I've come straight from the email notification and typed out my reply, then it takes me to the login screen where you literally cannot login, you put your details in, press the login button and it takes you back to the login screen, in the process of doing this your reply message is lost so I have to type into Google O2 Community which when Iogin takes me straight to the My O2 page so then I have to faff searching for the community page and then finding the post to reply! It really does do my head in because it's not straightforward.

If you get caught in this situation, @SamsungFanBoy, simply open another tab in the same browser and login to the Community there (Sign In option at bottom of the screen, or the big Community sign-in prompt at the top of the Community Homepage) - then switch back to your interrupted author tab, put in your credentials as requested, and your post will work.

Happens to me several times a day, on Android/Chrome. 

And no, it's not straightforward 😒

Message 23 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Asked herebut note it says 'again'....

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/The-Innovation-Thread-Got-an-idea-Share-it-he...

I asked around 18 months before this wink

Yes I remember that well @jonsie . It was the same time as I asked for a live ordering system for O2.  We know how far we got with that!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 30

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Which is why I'm very doubtful about an app.

Me too!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 30

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Live ordering system?
Message 28 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes if you look at the thread @jonsie  linked to and scroll up, you will see that I was asking that O2 implement a live ordering system like Amazon etc etc, so we could see whether a phone ordered was in stock. Currently we order a phone and often have to wait for it as it's out of stock. We start paying for it when we don't have the device.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 30

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Oh right I've never had that issue before with O2, Carphone Warehouse, buymobiles, EE or Phones4U & The Link (when they existed). I've always received my handset the day after ordering it. That's everyone I've ever upgraded with.
Message 30 of 30