cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Billing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why can't it be set up that I get informed/warned if I am about to use a service that I will incur extra charges on my bill?

I have just come back from Orlando and have been charged every day I was there. I knew I would be charged for some of the days as we were away from the hotel but I used the internet at the hotel on the days we were there. I had the UBER app so we could arrange for taxis wherever we were, but these have worked out more expensive than the I-RIDE now because of my charges from O2. If I had been paying for my 12 year old daughters phone I would have incurred the charges for this too and that wouldn't have been her fault.

My children know when in the UK that if they say there will be a charge for something (I.E.Game or tune download) then they are not to continue. Surely if they can warn you of this then they can warn you if you are subject to be charched if you continue with a certain service abroad. Luckily my 18 year old son has juat put his phone in his own name as I had paid for it for the last 3 years.

If any of my children were on my contract and had incurred these charges without being warned I would have refused to pay them and taken it to court. This needs to be addressed so that we can make the choice to continue with or avoid the charges...??

I have been with O2 for approx 6 years or more and have always found them good but this recent experience will have me checking out their competitors on my next renewal unless they change it.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Are you talking about o2 travel ? As you would have had notification on arrival etc . Only one text will trigger the daily charge. https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Surely as a responsible adult you would check what you would be charged for before you travelled?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

You will have recieved a text message regarding charges when overseas including the £5 daily rate which is applicable to the USA which is triggered once a text message is sent, a call is made, or any data is used.

Your child will not know that they are charged for usage which is incusive in the UK, as the phone will not tell you charges for part of standard functionality (calls, texts, etc) however you as an adult should we well aware that these charges exist, and should have either turned off roaming in the device settings, or asked O2 to disable it at the account level.

Sadly you would have found exactly the same issue on ALL UK mobile networks except those that have inclusive roaming to the country you are visiting.

Message 4 of 4