Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Apple refresh prices compared to directly from manufacturer

Benlfc
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Can someone explain why O2 charge more for the Apple products on O2 refresh than Apple charge directly from themselves. To purchase from Apple an iPhone 11 Pro Max 64GB is £1149 however I’ll be paying £1229.10 on my refresh contract and a 44mm Space Black Stainless Steel Series 5 watch with Black Sport Band from Apple is £749 however I’ll be paying £768.48 on my refresh tariff and the APR on both is meant to be 0%. I’m just confused
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Benlfc
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Oh and a 64GB XR is £629 from Apple but with refresh you pay £799 however that price from Apple is now and the XR contract was taken out prior to the release or announcement of the 11/11 Pro so Apple could have recently reduced the price directly from them but I assume I would still have been paying more originally
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's always been the same.
No one on here knows why but as they are in the business to make money, I guess it's all to do with profit.
People buy them so they continue to charge.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Benlfc
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
@MI5 I do remember seeing it being asked on here before and would assume it would be about profit which I get but they advertise as 0% APR when in fact technically although your not being charged interest on the only inflated price you technically are in the first instance when purchasing it
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
True enough, but if you buy from Apple on credit I think you pay something like 12.4% apr, so probably works out similar in the end.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Benlfc
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
At least the advertise the interest 😂😂 O2 make out like you don’t pay any
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Phones direct from a network are usually always at inflated prices. If you look at buying a phone outright on P&G there is always a markup price on O2.

eg Galaxy S10 from O2 £829.00 and no offers, direct from Samsung is £799.00 + a free watch

Message 7 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Benlfc  and all, hope you're having a good start to your week. slight_smile

Thanks for discussing the new Apple devices guys! We’ve locked this thread now as we’re keeping the conversation in one place this year, so please do drop in to our Apple Megathread and join the discussion there if you have any additional comments. thumbsup

Message 8 of 8