Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 5G

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Any ideas what the roll out is going to be like? Will I be waiting several years for it to arrive in my area? I was looking at an article about Vodafone, they are launching 5G soon, with around something like 5 cities initially followed by another 12 before the end of 2019. Of course my previous network EE, are already banging on about having 5G available now (I really wish a network would beat them on being the best 5G network as they are a terrible network for customer service and at ripping customers off!). I haven't really seen anything about O2 5G on their website but feel free to let me know anything you guys know! Cheers. slight_smile
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @SamsungFanBoy 

@Chris_K  is the only one who can answer your question as to whether there is any news on O2's roll out of 5G.

If there is any information he will let you know as I've tagged him.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@SamsungFanBoy wrote:
Any ideas what the roll out is going to be like? Will I be waiting several years for it to arrive in my area? I was looking at an article about Vodafone, they are launching 5G soon, with around something like 5 cities initially followed by another 12 before the end of 2019. Of course my previous network EE, are already banging on about having 5G available now (I really wish a network would beat them on being the best 5G network as they are a terrible network for customer service and at ripping customers off!). I haven't really seen anything about O2 5G on their website but feel free to let me know anything you guys know! Cheers. slight_smile

@Chris_K wrote:

We know customers are starting to get more excited about 5G, and looking forward to our launch in the four corners of the UK later this year. We don't currently have any new info to share other than what was announced here previously, but as soon as we have more details and get closer to launch, we'll let everyone know.

https://news.o2.co.uk/press-release/o2-5g-to-arrive-in-2019-as-company-builds-a-5g-economy-in-partne...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Chris_K wrote:

We know customers are starting to get more excited about 5G, and looking forward to our launch in the four corners of the UK later this year. We don't currently have any new info to share other than what was announced here previously, but as soon as we have more details and get closer to launch, we'll let everyone know.

https://news.o2.co.uk/press-release/o2-5g-to-arrive-in-2019-as-company-builds-a-5g-economy-in-partne...

We'll be launching our 5G network this year and we'll announce further info and details as we get closer to launch, but there's no new info to share just yet, other than what's covered in the above link. We're excited about the possibilities 5G has for the British economy and transformational abilities it has for businesses.

Don't forget to connect to 5G (once it's available), you'll need a 5G-compatible handset like the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S10 5G which we'll be ranging when it goes on sale.

As and when we have more 5G related news to share, we'll let everyone know slight_smile

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 9

BigDaddyUK
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:
Don't forget to connect to 5G (once it's available), you'll need a 5G-compatible handset like the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S10 5G

Or OnePlus 7 Pro 5G... :)))

| Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 5G 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Soon |
Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 won't be selling the OP7
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Thanks for the info, guys! slight_smile
Message 7 of 9

BigDaddyUK
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

slight_smile CWH can.. 

There are currently six 5G phones available to buy in the UK.

Samsung Galaxy S10 5G

OnePlus 7 Pro 5G

LG V50 ThinQ

Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G

Oppo Reno 5G

Royole FlexPai

| Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 5G 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Soon |
Message 8 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @SamsungFanBoy, I just wanted to let you know we've shared some more news around 5G here this morning slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9