cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not recognized as an O2 number

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought a Pay & Go SIM and ported my old Virgin Mobile number to the SIM a couple of weeks ago. The phone works fine and I can make/receive call send/receive texts/MMS, browse web etc.

However when I try to use bluebook or the e-mails to web service or register the number for the home broadband discount I get messages such as (bluebook example)

You must be an O2 customer to use this service.
Thanks for your interest in Bluebook. The service is exclusive to O2 customers. The easiest way to become an O2 customer is to visit an O2 shop or click here to shop with O2 on line.

Is this likely to be a temporary problem or do O2 have to check a box somewhere?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Obviously, this is because your number was originally a Virgin and not an O2 number.

I suggest you call customer services as they are the only ones who can help you with this problem.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assumed that was the reason but thought number transfers must be fairly common so such issues would already have been addressed and automated. Too much to expect? wink
Message 3 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
It usually takes a couple of days to register your number on the system but it should be registered by now. As Howard says, call customer service to see what the problem is.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I called Customer Services but they (at least the one I spoke to) couldn't help and suggested I should wait on an e-mail reply (I sent an e-mail query yesterday).
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
I would ask them to check if your number is live on ABS and has been fully provisioned.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would ask them to check if your number is live on ABS and has been fully provisioned.

Shall do, but I'll wait on their e-mail reply first.
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
This sort of thing normally sorts itself out once your next bill is produced.

However, to make sure it all goes smoothly, log into your online account and go to myo2>update personal details and make sure your new number is showing next to 'mobile number' if not, update it slight_smile
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
This sort of thing normally sorts itself out once your next bill is produced.
However, to make sure it all goes smoothly, log into your online account and go to myo2>update personal details and make sure your new number is showing next to 'mobile number' if not, update it slight_smile

I did update the number in my personal details several days ago (I'm afraid I assumed that would happen automatically as well, the field was showing the original number associated with the SIM I bought).
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Two calls to customer services didn't help at all.

A second e-mail to customer services saying the number had been ported properly but Bluebook, O2 e-mail to mobile weren't available, web texts were showing the pre-port number and mentioning ABS and provisioning got someone to sort it out properly.
Message 10 of 11