Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not ported fully

haworthwhite
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got new phone on Monday and used the on-line port number which was supposed to go through on Wednesday. 

Current situation is that if I call my existing number it rings through on both my new phone an old phone (EE). 

If I call the O2 number, that too is ringing on both my new phone and old phone.

If I dial out from my new O2 phone, the number coming up is my O2 number not my transferred (existing) number.

If I dial out from my old phone, the number coming up is my existing number.

Any ideas as I can't get through to O2 given the reduced support at this time

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@haworthwhite 

There is nothing you can do but wait unfortunately. There are system errors with the porting system currently. You could try customer services, though I doubt they will think this is urgent as you do have a working phone https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93154 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Is this an iphone by any chance

You need to go into settings/number/my number and change it @haworthwhite 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144072 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@haworthwhite 

Sounds like a split port.

EE will need to resend porting files to O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

haworthwhite
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - turned out that this was due to both my old phone and new phone being asigned to my apple id. Once I deleted the old phone, my existing number just rang on the old phone (EE) and new number just on O2.  Still waiting to speak to O2 but EE have confirmed the PAC code is still active and therefore the Porting request has not taken place

Message 5 of 5