cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification of Large Number of Voicemails

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no idea whether this is the correct board for this query and apologise in advance if it is wrong. Newbies at it again.

I work abroad and have had the same number for nearly 2 years. Although I do not have the phone on all the time it is usually on for prolonged periods (maybe several days) over the course of the average week.

Today, out of the blue, I have received notification of a large number of voicemails.

As I use the phone only to maintain contact with one organisation in the UK - who are not trying to contact me - is there any way of obtaining a print-out of the sources of the calls without having to listen to them which is going to incur substantial cost (roaming charges) and time?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143414 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As far as I am aware your only option is to listen to them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143414 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I doubt there is any other way but if it is a contract phone you could download Tugo and listen to your voicemail over a WiFi connection for free.
Most likely they will be spam calls though from what you say.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Definitely sound like spam....

However...If you manage to listen to one (via TuGo as said), then just block the number on your handset.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
What about visual voicemail?
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Again, if you are contract and have TuGo, switch off voicemail within the app.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry guys I should have made it clear that this was PAYG.

Perhaps I haven't made the main thrust of my query obvious. These messages have not accumulated overnight and some, I suspect, date back over the course of a year or so. I would like to understand why that has happened and if there is anything I can do to prevent it from happening again in the future.

It is also very disappointing that at a point over 48 hours into the issue I am no further forward. Chat agents are simply not available during my working day, calling entails being bounced from automated menu to automated menu ending up with a dialling tone and there is no means of emailing anyone and getting a simple response.

Any suggestion. Apart from going to the opposition?

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143414 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As far as I am aware your only option is to listen to them.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

And how do these messages accumulate and appear as a large block as happened here - all 255 of them - ostensibly in a day?

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143414 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I've no idea mate - maybe your phone has pulled down every vm you've ever had or maybe it's just a glitch with your phone and there's only one?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9