Did you mean: 

Note 3. My 'out of the box' review

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

What do you know? Cleo is writing a review about a phone....:smileywink:

This will not be a usual review. It won't be full of technical specifications. The Note 3 was released last year so many of you will be familiar with it. (this was one of the reasons I chose it....I knew I could ask for help and it would be freely given)

I happily admit to being a technophobe. Each to their own. I know I have come a long way in two years since moving into the alien world of smartphones

My needs were simple. Currently I was using a Samsung S3 and though I loved it, I felt I needed something bigger. So it had to be Samsung. It had to be the Note 3. It had to be red.

This was my choice....

Note 3 merlot.jpg

It arrived. I opened the box. I fell in love....easy as that.

(Picture taken courtesy of my S3)

Technical Specifications http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_3-5665.php

I can tell you now that I haven't tried half the features on this phone. If honest I probably never will..but I am using what suits me at present. Who knows, if I feel I want to live dangerously I may try a few more things?

Things I love...

The look and feel of this phone. It's big and beautiful. The screen size is just what I wanted. The display is clear and in my opinion, unbeatable. The keyboard is fast and responsive. The battery life is amazing. I charge it every 3 days. Job done.

The camera takes wonderful pictures. I have tried one video recording and hey, it all worked well.

I call and text a lot. Absolutely no problem

It takes a micro sim and the one from my S3 was transferred into this phone.

Setting it up...

This is where I aim to raise a few smiles. I had no clue. I admit to it. Therefore I will be showing a few of the conversations that went on between me and @MI5  (All credit to him. Without his expertise this phone would still be in the box)

Me: I want to set up the Note 3, how do I get everything from my S3 transferred over?

MI5: Have you backed everything up?

Me: Errrmmmm NO?

MI5: Do it now please.

Me: OK. How do I back them up?

MI5: Back your contacts to Gmail and your photos to Dropbox

Me: (A few hours later) Ok I have done that now...shall I put the sim in the Note 3?

MI5: You don't need to put your sim in yet.

Me: Are you sure?

MI5: Absolutely positive.

Me: (getting angry now) Well you better explain that to me because I am an idiot!!

Explanation given ...and yes I am an idiot.....A few hours later I started again....

Me: Oh God...it is saying there is a firmware/software update. It wants me to install it

MI5: Click install

Me: NO! It might wipe stuff.......

MI5: It wont. Click install now. Then turn the phone off and reboot.

(I knew how to do that)

Me: That's done and now another one has come in....

MI5: Install it......

I have to say there were many many more conversations of this nature. All amusing and time consuming but you get the gist of most of it.LOL

My last question went along the line of....This S Pen thingy...what do I do with that? MI5's response was...lets get you all set up then I can talk to you about the S Pen (No doubt he was rolling on the floor with laughter at that one) LOL

My final test was when I took my new Note 3 to Spain. In the past I have had no problem when I land, turning my S3 on and network is found immediately. Not so with the Note 3. It was if I turned her on and she woke up and thought...hang on hang on... where the hell am I?...

No real problem as I searched for the network manually...once found she was good to go and behaved impeccably during my time away.

So that's it....My red Note 3 is now attired in her new red case and looks the business.

I love it. I can't see me ever wanting to change

I hope my 'review' made you smile. If so my work is done wink

Thanks for reading this... and of course special thanks to @MI5  for all his amazing help and support

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Currently little android man is spinning around in a real tizzy LOL

omg .. LOL .. rofcgu 

@Anonymous  See...and you think you are technically challenged?? LOL I have loads more questions to ask...but it's Christmas..so I thought I may give the Lord Of The Boards a rest....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 45

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

omg .. LOL .. rofcgu 

Obviously been on the Sang Som and coke....feel a little that way myself seeing as it's almost 1.30am....

Message 42 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

OK...all updates installed..... so finally I will show you my beautiful wallpaper. Cat

cheetah  wallpaper.jpg

just printed this pic off Cleoriff ..... to go on my workroom wall ..... ty Thanks! Cat

Message 43 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

omg .. LOL .. rofcgu 

I have loads more questions to ask...but it's Christmas..so I thought I may give the Lord Of The Boards a rest....Happy Dance

how kind of you Cleoriff to the one & only MI5 LOL

Message 44 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I can give you the pic via PM Jane so you dont have all the phone fuctions on it? wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 45