cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Unlimited internet usage bolt on.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Non-Unlimited internet usage bolt on.
Unlimited, surf as much as you like: but you're capped at 200MB.
That sucks. And as far as I am concerned not fair (and illegal!).

OK, so use the word unlimited and have a limit in your T's & C's.
But 200MB is tooooooo low.
They shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

Would it be fair if they had a UNLIMITED (as long as you're limit stays below 2MB a month)??

Heck: it's the same thing.

Internet is not the internet of yesterday. There's films, music and lots of other things!

If you want to have a limit of 200MB: then damn well have your limit: BUT don't use the word unlimited. 😞

Would be great to hear what others say.

Thanks.

OM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah it annoys me when you see the words "unlimited" but then its followed by a "fair usage policy" or "unlimited text messages" but then it says "a maximum of 2000 per month applies" - either its unlimited or not !
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
so the 200mb is really true??
i'm going to be a*sed enough to complain to advertising standard.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The fair use policies on 'unlimited' offers seem to be commonplace, which flies in the face on 'unlimited' however I would like to make a different point.

People won't complain if the 'fair use' limit is reasonably high enough that they would rarely or never be impacted in their every-day use. Few send more than 2000 texts a month or talk on the phone for more than 3000 minutes. On another hand, 200MB cap on an unlimited data service where 3G is involved is probably not reasonable if many people are hitting the cap on a regular basis, plus the other operators offering unlimited data set those soft caps at 500MB (T) or 1GB (Voda).

What I really don't like is the fact that this 200MB limit is not made abundantly clear to the subscriber - it is not prominently advertised in the T&C, which only refers to a 'fair use policy' which until I have seen I shall intepret as being arbitrary and probably not very fair to me.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The fair use policies on 'unlimited' offers seem to be commonplace, which flies in the face on 'unlimited' however I would like to make a different point.
People won't complain if the 'fair use' limit is reasonably high enough that they would rarely or never be impacted in their every-day use. Few send more than 2000 texts a month or talk on the phone for more than 3000 minutes. On another hand, 200MB cap on an unlimited data service where 3G is involved is probably not reasonable if many people are hitting the cap on a regular basis, plus the other operators offering unlimited data set those soft caps at 500MB (T) or 1GB (Voda).
What I really don't like is the fact that this 200MB limit is not made abundantly clear to the subscriber - it is not prominently advertised in the T&C, which only refers to a 'fair use policy' which until I have seen I shall intepret as being arbitrary and probably not very fair to me.

well said i think. its completely unreasonable to have this price level. 😞
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are on a personal contract there is NOT a limit of 200mb. There is no limit.

The 200mb only applies to business contracts or P&G. Please read the T&C's before posting.

www.o2.co.uk/termsconditions/tariffsandboltons0153
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, you are right on that greenblink. There is no mention of what the fair use limit is in the T&C, so the 200MB mention is clearly wrong on my part.

In my reading across forums I previously believed this limit to always be in place with an exception made for the iPhone customers.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
hmmm, very interesting
i spoke to o2 (carphone warehouse) in person
they explicitly mentioned the 200mb limit
or have they just come to their senses?
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's all rubbish! The fair use policy was an old policy O2 had in place. This has long been replaced by unlimited. Unlimited does have an excessive use policy but almost everyone in the country will never reach the excessive use mark slight_smile
Message 9 of 9