cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia N95

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since last year I've had the misfortune of owning a nokia n95 8gb version. The phone is easy to use but thats where the positives stop.

Its crashed countless times and i'm having severe problems with messaging on it. This combined with network problems has me on the verge of leaving O2!

My account seems to be sending text messages to people twice, and according to O2 I've never been charged. Initially I believed them but checked my online account to make sure. Unless the customer advisor was blind, its pretty plain to see I've spent an additional 19pounds on messages...obviously way over my usuage.

Has anyone else had this message problem? Now my N95 appears to not want to send messages at all...all in all I'm fed up!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why not have the phone repaired?
As for the messages, are those 'extras' all duplicates? Its not clear from what you say, but I suspect you are saying that the fault with the handset has caused you to go over your inclusive texts? Is that right?
If so why not write to O2, complaining about this and asking for the duplicate messages to be credited to your account.
Remember though that when you check your online usage, if you see two (or more) messages only a few seconds apart. It doesn't necessarily mean that the phone is sending duplicate messages. When a message is longer than 160 characters its sent as several 160 character messages. When you are writing the message you can see towards the top of the screen how many messages it will be sent as.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I realise that message characters only support 160 letters. What I mean is the receipients of my text messages are receieving them twice. No matter how long the message is.

I cant see the value in having the phone repaired, I'm due an upgrade in two weeks and by the time its sent, repaired and posted back to me it will be renewal time anyway.

What my query was more centred towards was, is it a network problem and I have written to O2 several times. Sometimes without a reply and other times with them promising to do something then not doing it!
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its still not clear what the issue is. Is your phone sending duplicate messages which you are being billed for (you will see texts a few seconds apart on your bill)? Does the total number of messages sent (from your phone log) match the number you are charged for?
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it was pretty clear from the first two lines of my last post.

Yes, I am being billed for two text messages when in fact I am only sending one. The receipients, like I stated, are receiving the same text message twice.

I also cant check the amount of text messages sent on my phone log as it only holds 20 at any one given time.
Message 5 of 5