Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

No official word yet on the Nokia Lumia 1020, but keep an eye out on this page.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

No official word yet on the Nokia Lumia 1020, but keep an eye out on this page.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd wait for the Sony Homani announcement & compare both the phones before spending out on a new phone / signing a new contract.

Message 3 of 18

version7point0
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd wait for the Sony Homani announcement & compare both the phones before spending out on a new phone / signing a new contract.

No way tongue

You could always be doing that, waiting for the next big announcement, go O2 Refresh and trade in to cover the upgrade cost, live for the here and now grin

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 Refresh OR a phone crippled by O2 bloatware doesnt intrest me.

Message 5 of 18

version7point0
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I recall you mentioning that tongue

O2 boot splash screen - how often do we actually power our phones off these days?

The O2 home app (portal to Play store collection of O2 apps) is possibly the only other piece of "bloatware" found on most phones these days - correct me if I am wrong but manufacturer "bloatware" is much more of an issue these days.

Message 6 of 18

Rycal
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@version7point0 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I recall you mentioning that tongue

O2 boot splash screen - how often do we actually power our phones off these days?

The O2 home app (portal to Play store collection of O2 apps) is possibly the only other piece of "bloatware" found on most phones these days - correct me if I am wrong but manufacturer "bloatware" is much more of an issue these days.

Particularly if you're buying a Samsung.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless it has a 41 mega pixel camera or higher I'm not interested. I have always had low end phones in the past and nothing pricey has interested me until now. It's all about the camera for me, just a shame about windows 8 on the lumix, but no doubt there will be a custom rom in the near future.

I currently have a HTC wildfire S, dinosaur of a phone but I'm running MIUI on it and it's very nice, it will do for now.

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Sony Homani will be a 20 mega pixel camera.

Remember, loads of mega pixels on a sensor doesnt always make a great picture.

Its a Toshiba camera sensor in the Nokia.

Sony use there own in house camera sensor.

I'd still wait for September for the Homani annoucment.

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Remember, loads of mega pixels on a sensor doesnt always make a great picture.

I know what you are saying and for my small portable camera I always look for the best optical zoom over megapixels, I also have a DLSR as well but 90% of the time when I am on the go I only have my mobile and I want really detailed shots.

The lumias appear to be superior for lighting compared to whats out there currently according to this anyway (still blurry and grainy as hell like)

But also this is rumoured to have been snapped on the lumia 1020 not even using the full 41 megapixels and it's crisp and detailed as hell. I do a lot of stuff in Photoshop so the higher resolution for me the better

At the end of the day it might be a niche market, but I think I'll fall into it, I will check out the Sony Homani though thanks

Message 10 of 18