Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The Sony Homani will be a 20 mega pixel camera.

Remember, loads of mega pixels on a sensor doesnt always make a great picture.

Its a Toshiba camera sensor in the Nokia.

Sony use there own in house camera sensor.

I'd still wait for September for the Homani annoucment.

4k video recording too slight_smile

Not that we really need that yet but its nice to be able to say you have it...

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

The megapixel count on a phone is not really that important the Sony Honami will have a 20.2 MP camera taken direct from the their own RX100 2 digital camera it will also support a xenon flash and as Rycall mentioned 4K video recording (a first for a mobile device) thanks to the Snapdragon 800 chipset. Other things that the Honami will have is a thing call HHT (hand held twighlight mode) which takes 6 photos at different ISO levels then filters in the lost pixels ans filters out the noise and gives stunning low light photos something the Lumia 1020 wont even be able to get near check out the link below for more info.

http://cameralabs.com/reviews/Sony_Cyber-shot_DSC_HX5/Handheld_Twilight_HHT_results.shtml

Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

also the Sony Honami has much higher micron count 1.7 to the Lumia's 1.12 and that does make a masive difference in low light photograpy plus the Honami is likely to have additional snap on lenses available for optical zoom and macro shots to give that proper camera feel. Trust me the Sony Honami will be the one to look out for come September 4th

Message 13 of 18

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I'm almost tempted by the 1020 but I have a Canon S5 that I barely use, a HD video camera thats gathering dust and this Nexus 4 thingy which I just use for snapshots. Can't justify it really (I can in my mind 😉 but the killer is I have no 3G signal) but the key thing for me if I decide to buy it, is the on-phone software. I'll wait for the reviews though on how easy it is to use rather than go down the specs route. 

Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK I am definitely intrigued about the Sony Honami... And September you say? What's the price tag? Smiley Very Happy

Is September 4th when O2 gets it?

Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

No sorry, September the 4th is when it will be announced at the IDA tech show in Berlin. Expect it to be on sale a few weeks after that.

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

*IFA not IDA bloody auto correct lol

Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

The price of the Sony Xperia Honami is said to be similar to the Xperia Z (around £500) SIM free or probably around £40 per month on a 24 month plan again based on what the Xperia Z launched on.

Message 18 of 18