cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 5800, text messages staying in outbox?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey,

I recently purchased a Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic, with unlimited texts and 100 voice minutes on O2 pay monthly. My texting was working perfectly, and i was really pleased with the phone. But now when i try and send a text message they go into the outbox and stay there. With a message saying "Resend at 10:34" (depending on the time). Although i can receive texts fine. I have tried a different sim, turning the phone off and on, and checked network coverage; still not working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Carolyn
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. The solution is in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=14953
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
It sounds like the message centre number that is store on the phone if another sim isnt working in the handset either. What you need to do is go into messages-settings-texts message-message centre number. If there is a number in there other than +447802000332 then delete it and enter this. Save it and try and send a text. If it doesnt work then try your own sim in another phone to see if it is a sim issue but to be honest it doesnt sound like it is as other sims dont work in your phone! slight_smile
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I have the exact same problem and contract as Carolyn. I don't have the same problem as the person in the linked thread, and the master reset used there didn't work. The message centre number has also always been right, so it can't be that.

The text messages have been working fine for several months since I got the phone but now I'm stumped. How do I get the messages working again?

Many thanks

Alan
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have the same problem was texting ok this morning went to text a friend back two hours ago and its still in my out box despite me keep trying to resend it,have tried 5 mins ago to text someone else and that text wont sent either help all services numbers are fine,it was fine till two hours ago :robotsad:
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been getting this kind of problem with my N95 8GB too, the messages are sometimes going in to the draft box and not being sent!
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
well i phoned o2 but there systems are down ,the guy on the end of the phone was as helpful as he could be given there system probs went through all the settings with me it still doesnt work so been asked to ring back tomorrow but as my sim works in a old phone i found he believes it is a phone issue,apparently the nokia 5800 has had this issue alot since it came out,but i beleive these phones are covered by nokia s warrenty of 24 months hope so think may need it :womanindifferent:
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Not sure if this helps, never tried myself.

A master reset of the device using the process below appears to solve the problem;
1. Performing a master reset will wipe all of the your personal information from the device so you should do a back up or copy out any information you wish to save before continuing with this process.
2. From the phone pad, enter *#7370#
3. The device will ask from the ‘Lock Code’ which will be 12345 (unless you have changed it).

4. The device will be taken back to factory restored condition and then you will need to enter the country, date, time etc. as you did when they first switched on the device.
5. Sending SMS should now work.

Quoted from :
posting.php?mode=quote&p=107585
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanx steve that worked how strange and a pain but thank you anyway
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics