cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Anonymous
Not applicable

After months of trying to get 02 to take any action the company has just confirmed that despite up grades to the local mast there is nothing that can be done to rectify the erratic service I get. It's so bad that it's near impossible to make or receive calls at home. So I am paying for a service that doesn't exist. Not unreasonably I am considering going to another company only to be told that I would be required to pay a fee for early termination. When I objected and said that was stupid they hung up on me. Oh well better steel myself for another several hours trying to get to speak to someone in a communication company which does its best not to communicate.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I think you should be putting in a complaint. If they can't offer you a service then you should be allowed to leave http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I think you should be putting in a complaint. If they can't offer you a service then you should be allowed to leave http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Do you have this confirmation of O2's inability to provide you with service in writing? If so, you would be well within your rights to request an early termination without having to pay for it. If all you have is confirmation over the phone, you'll have to keep calling in the hope that you speak to someone more sympathetic to your problem. In any event, you should, as @Cleoriff suggests, make a formal complaint.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I will be formally complaining. I asked for a written response but was told, incredibly, that they are not able to provide one.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
The complaints service will communicate by email so you have everything in writing. Usually, in this scenario, CRS will offer you the chance to walk away from your contract upon receipt of your phone if the find that O2 cannot provide the service that you had originally.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5