cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service or coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone, I have my O2 sim on an old Nokia phone. However, since the past few days I have absolutely no coverage at all in the TW20 OPR area (Egham/Englefield Green).

It is really frustrating as I have missed some really important phone calls and text messages. Please, is there any way for me to solve this? Should I just leave O2 and get another service? This has frustrated the hell out of me! 😞

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Live results for TW20 0PR

• Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working
    This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails in this area.
    Updated 13:01 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Live results for TW20 0PR

• Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working
    This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails in this area.
    Updated 13:01 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thrushcross wrote: Should I just leave O2 and get another service? This has frustrated the hell out of me! 😞

As adamtemp64 has already posted, it would appear that there is a problem with a mast in yoru location. You could try and contact customer services to ask for an estimated resolution date.

However, every service provider has problems with masts and equipment so I dont think moving to a new provider will resolve your problem in the long term as your new provider could end up having network problems as well.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
As its a mast problem it could happen to any network it's annoying but these things do happen I would make a note of when it went off and when it comes back then get on to O2 and ask for some compensation
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies everyone. But you honestly cannot imagine how frustrated I am at the moment. I have missed the most important phone calls from my manager at work, university and from my GP.

When will the issue be resolved? And how could I ask O2 for a compensation?

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only O2 will know when it will be fixed you need to ring customer services don't bother with live chat you ask for compensation the same way when it's fixed
Message 6 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the replies everyone. But you honestly cannot imagine how frustrated I am at the moment. I have missed the most important phone calls from my manager at work, university and from my GP.

When will the issue be resolved? And how could I ask O2 for a compensation?

No network would ever guarantee an uninterrupted service, so a claim for compensation for missed calls might fall on deaf ears. There's no harm, though, in calling Customer Services and speaking to someone about this. If you're lucky and get someone who is sympathetic, you may be offered a goodwill gesture.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 7