cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No iphone for simplicity users!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I love O2 and I simply love my "simplicity" plan. It is perfect, rightly-priced and works like a charm. Simply no other plan offers me the same thing at same price. I have a 15£ per month for 200 mins and put a 7.5£ for all landlines (I also get o2 to o2 free). So for 22.5 £ I get 200 non o2 non landline minutes and unlimited landline minutes.

Unfortunately If I were to get an iPhone and I am willing to shell out 350£ upfront, there is no option. iPhone is even sold with pay & go plan with 350£ payment upfront but not on simplicity.

I know a lot of people like me who are on "simplicity" and want iPhones!! Are the right people listening?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure what you're complaining about here? Simplicity is a sim only contract so isn't offered with any handset at all, never mind an iphone, that's the point of it being sim only. 😐

You mentioned you're prepared to buy the handset on pay and go, which is fine, all you need to do is put your simplicity sim card into it like you would with any other handset.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
CSAGuy,
If I bought iPhone on my own hacked it and then put my simplicity o2 sim, I would stand to lose the warranty (meaning no further support). However if you see the link http://shop.o2.co.uk/promo/iphoneindex/ ... one3GPayGo iphone comes with O2s standard Pay as you Go plans (here you pay 350£ upfront and o2 gives only 12 month unlimited data access though). I want a plan like this for simplicity not buying a iphone handset unlocking it and putting my own sim :smileyvery-happy:
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you buy a Pay&Go iPhone, put your simplicity SIM card inside, and get the Unlimited Web Bolt-On on your account (£7.50 per month), you will have your iPhone with unlimited data.

You will probably have to sacrifice your unlimited landline calls if you want to keep paying the same monthly price.

As far as word on the street goes, Pay&Go iPhones work fine with an O2 simplicity SIM in them - have O2 advised you otherwise?
Message 4 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Have you looked at the contract terms? Might help you spread the cost. For £12.50 a month more than you're paying now, you get the phone for £99.00 with 600 minutes to phone anybody, 500 texts, unlimited internet browsing and wi-fi. You can pay £400.00 upwards for a sim-free version. Don't forget you can also send free texts from O2 website.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
the iPhone has its own special tariffs which is why i would imagine it isnt on simplicity, You get the unlimited data alowance and some other bits, You could move to a contract or pay alot for the PAYG version
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
kannan.ekanath

You seem to be forgetting that at the end of the day the iphone is...a phone, a handset.

You can put a simplicity sim card into it the same as you can do with any other pay and go phone, you aren't 'hacking it'.

Yes, if you take an iphone on contract there are special tariffs but as others have said there's nothing to stop you putting any o2 sim card in one, you're still covered by warranty and o2 will provide support.
Message 7 of 7