cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No O2 signal for more than 2 weeks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had no signal in Tarbert, Loch Fyne for more than 2 weeks. Vodafone and EE are fine - only O2 is useless. Online chats for more than an hour are fruitless - I'm losing a lot of business because of this. Any suggestions as to how to get O2 to show even the slightest interest in resolving this issue?

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

I've done a bit of "digging" and  at the moment O2 are waiting for a third party supplier to assist with restoring service.

Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 10 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Report it through the My Network app and ask as many people that you can to so the same http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is your service status showing an issue.

Input your Full Post Code here to check your local Masts -> http://status.o2.co.uk {If a mast shows an issue a customer can now ask Customer Services to keep them updated on its Status via Text or eMail}

If alls showing as fine then as a process of elimination can you try your Sim Card in another phone to rule out either the Sim Card or Phone which may be at fault.
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked the status on http://status.o2.co.uk to see if there any issues?
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - there is a problem with the mast in the area - no O2 customers have a signal here. O2 admits there is a fault but is doing nothing to address it  - no idea why. One of the comments from the online chat is that it is because we live 'in the Highlands'. Not quite correct and not much of an excuse either.

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice - will do that!

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - no it's not the phone. If I walk to the top of the hill or leave the town I have a signal (as do all other O2 users). It's just in the town itself. 

Message 7 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes a little pointless having the phone checked if everyone is having the same problem. Hope they get this sorted for you asap.

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 will be doing something about it, you just don't know what that is @Mallemok.

There can be many reasons why a mast can take time to be repaired including:

1. Site access. Most masts are on private land and o2 have to request permission to access on many older contracts.
2. Parts are expensive, sometimes costing tens of thousands of pounds, you will appreciate they don't keep many in stock just in case.
3. Many faults are outside of o2's control. In one case recently a site was down for months due to a water leak affecting electrical access. Little o2 could do.
4. Fibre networks. Much of your phone use travels down the fibre networks so if BT or Virgin Fibre are having issues that will impact on your service.
5. Engineer capacity. Recently a number of engineers were despatched to Scotland due to bad weather conditions there, which can impact on repairs elsewhere.

Whilst these and other examples don't solve your issue, it might help to explain why a repair might not be instant.

Have you tried TuGo? (Assuming it is available for the o2 service you use? )
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

I've done a bit of "digging" and  at the moment O2 are waiting for a third party supplier to assist with restoring service.

Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 10 of 16