Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Anonymous

Re: No 3G or 4G in Oxford City Centre for the past year

[ Edited ]

Seems to be a problem in Oxford across all the networks.

See local newspaper article here

Topics: 758

Must be the 'dreaming spires' in Oxford causing the problem Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Anonymous

I will try the app although have called them twice and tried to report via the nework status page too.

Others do have the same problem on O2 and my friend on GiffGaff (which I think uses O2's network?) also has the same issues.

The problem is I have another £220 on my device plan. Is there anything I can do or am I simply forced to wait it out with terrible signal unless I pay?

Topics: 569

Unfortunately you have to wait it out or pay it off.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Anonymous

They have the boat race to keep them occupied during the interim
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I will try the app although have called them twice and tried to report via the nework status page too.

Others do have the same problem on O2 and my friend on GiffGaff (which I think uses O2's network?) also has the same issues.

The problem is I have another £220 on my device plan. Is there anything I can do or am I simply forced to wait it out with terrible signal unless I pay?

Yes Giffgaff is a mvno that operates off o2's Network so it's viable they would have the same issue. 

I asked the question about costs as that could determine the advice given in order to help and guide you. So as you have quite a sum to pay it would be costly to move networks.

One option could be to sell your current mobile phone to accumulate some funds to help pay off this cost. 

Topics: 577

I have to agree. Sell the phone to pay off the device and take out another contract with a network that gives good coverage. You have a very expensive music player at the moment. The fact that you settle and pay off the device plan will also help your credit rating.

Topics: 569

That's one advantage of refresh.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Level 25: Hard Hitter

As it's an iPhone (which retain decent value) the selling of the device option mentioned is perfectly sound advice IMO... It's a definite solution to your problem, but only if you can find a network with decent coverage. Try out a few free payg sims from other providers to determine who has the best signal in the areas you spend the most time in.

Good luck.
Topics: 577

I would get the phone unlocked free by O2 so if you sell to a student they can put in a sim that will get coverage in Oxford.Smiley Wink