Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Day Delivery - Not True

pogolad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ordered by new tablet at about 12pm today - one of the main reasons I ordered it was because O2 were guaranteeing next day delivery.

However on the DHL website it says it's not expected until 14th. Quite bothered by this - I cannot contact O2 as their Live Chat is off, messaging on app is off, phone lines are telling me they're only dealing with upgrades at the moment yet Aura keeps telling me to phone.

I understand these are troubled times but O2 seem to be an absolute mess with their customer service. Between sending customers everywhere where they CAN'T help with a query and then customers who has legitimate questions can't get in touch.

Definitely not pleased. 

*** Does anyone know why DHL would be not be giving next day delivery after I chose it as an option? ***

I know Easter is coming up but their website says only disruption caused is Easter Monday which then leaves Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for delivery.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@pogolad 

Nothing is running normally during this crisis. They just arent updating websites.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

pogolad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

See I bought the Galaxy Tab A by accident which was the incorrect device I was looking for at 9ish this morning.

I managed to get through to a guy in customer service immediately and he cancelled it to allow me to put my new order through.

Before I got the cancellation confirmation, I noticed they sent me an email to say the Tab A was out of stock and would be delayed. But interestingly the Tab S6 did not and it says its been shipped. The DHL website also says it's been collected from O2. 

My only thing is it let me choose the time slot for tomorrow morning and definitely said "Next Day". When you use online tracking with DHL it says Tuesday 14th April as expected delivery date. But when you phone DHL's automated phone system all it says is that it's expected on 'the next working day'.

Message 4 of 6

pogolad
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hardly fair is it...
Message 5 of 6

SRV
Level 3: Thinker
  • 27 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@pogolad Unfortunately seems like a side-effect of the C-19 crisis which is no doubt affecting many links of the supply/delivery chain.

With this said, it is worth checking your order confirmation for the expected delivery date. If this date is before what DHL quoted you, it may well be some kind of localised delay with them as opposed to O2, but if you are able to use the tracking number that may give you a better idea of where your parcel is.

From experience next day delivery has been flawless but everything is moving at a slower pace at present. You may be able to get through to customer services, although as I’m sure you are aware they are experiencing longer waiting times than usual. Unfortunately, they may not be able to help as once an order has been placed online, it is not possible to cancel/change until you receive it, but they still may be able to shed some light on the delay.

I would recommend checking your DHL tracking for any changes and I hope it gets delivered ASAP for you. Hope this helps.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Message 6 of 6