cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New users are forced to go on PAY & GO - TALKALOT first?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had some sim cards come through for O2, on the packaging it was all about O2 Unlimited, the reason i got the sim cards.

I noticed soon as i registerd i was on PAY & GO - TALKALOT, didnt want to top up phone if i was on that tariff so tried to switch plan to O2 Unlimited and had to wait 48 hours before it would change.

24 hours later told i couldnt switch to that tariff by text msg.

This mean your forced to spend on a month on PAY & GO - TALKALOT before you can go to Unlimited?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
there is no service called TALKALOT , the only services available are :

Favourite Place - Free Minutes to standard O2 mobiles & UK landlines from one postcode.

Text Anytime - Free UK texts.

Your Country - Free minutes to standard international numbers from the UK

Talkalotmore (different to tlkalot)- Free evening & weekend minutes to standard UK mobiles & UK landlines

O2 Unlimited - Free texts & minutes to other O2 numbers in the UK.

Text & Call - free calls & txt to standard UK mobiles & UK landlines
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then it must be an abbreviation of Talkalotmore cus its definately the one im on at the moment, that was copy and pasted from my info from the website.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Talkalot is the name of the base tariff on top of which your Free Allowance operates. (that is, what you will be charged when you are outside of your allowance).

So in your case you will be on Talkalot - O2 Unlimited. That's why you couldn't change, because you were already on it!

You can check which allowance you have, by logging in to My O2 or calling the top up line or sending BALANCE to 20202 or calling customer service.

This is explained in more detail in the booklet you get with your SIM or on the online help.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks alot for that King, your reply was greatly appreciated!

Yeah i was on O2 Unlimited afterall (rollseyes) lol.

grin
Message 5 of 5