Did you mean: 

New polls feature!

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi guys, 

As we mentioned here last month, while we are waiting for the homepage feedback to be reviewed further, there were a few minor things we are working on improving, fixing, or enabling.

One of these new things is now available, which means we are able to use a side-board widget to create polls! These polls can be board-specific, or display across all boards on the community. We are planning on using them to get your input on different things, get an idea of your sentiment towards possible changes, activities, off-topic or O2/tech related ideas. A big advantage of polls is that it can help newer members who mainly read and browse take their first steps in the community and start engaging with us all very easily slight_smile

To kick this off, I created a test poll on the discussions & feedback board, and I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this feature. If you have any ideas on fun (or serious) polls you'd like us to try out, let us know in the comments as well!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Click on mi5's link and scroll down a fair bit, @liggerz87 :

Mobile view:

Screenshot_20190717-102822.jpg

Message 21 of 33

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Ok I'll try again lol
Message 22 of 33

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I hit vote then goes hide vote
Message 23 of 33

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

TAP on the option you are voting for first, then  on Vote. 

If it says Change Vote, then you have already voted and may choose a different option. 

Again, all in Mobile view.

Full view is a bit different... 

Message 24 of 33

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@liggerz87 Did you manage to vote in the end, with the tips @pgn posted above?

@jonsie Some things can take much longer than others to work on development-wise, so please bear with us slight_smile Everything you told us around the new homepage and the header has been duly noted, and we are not forgetting about any of your feedback, we are just addressing what we can when we can. More will follow as soon as possible wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 25 of 33

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
No didn't vote as when I did fine it all did was hide or unhide lol
Message 26 of 33

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@liggerz87 If you could only hide/unhide the poll, it sounds like you might have voted by accident ... we can figure this out together when we do our next poll slight_smile

Thanks everyone for taking part in this initial test poll, in case you're curious about the results I've put a snapshot of them below. If you have any feedback or suggestions for the next polls, on which board to use them, which question you'd like us to run, let us know! wink

Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 09.34.41.png

signature

Message 27 of 33

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Nope didn't vote lol
Message 28 of 33

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Has the poll been removed now?  I can't see it (desktop view)

Thanks

Steve
Message 29 of 33

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 30 of 33