cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPhone in July

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

Apparently there's a new iPhone coming out in July. I was looking to get my iPhone today/tomorrow but obviously, if a new model is coming out, I'm a little cautious. If I got the existing iPhone, would I be able to upgrade to the new one for free? Or would I be expected to pay the 100 odd pounds to get the new model (on the £35 a month contract). If you can upgrade for free, regardless of any changes in tariff (as long as they're not extreme) I'd be happy to get my iPhone today, I just wanted a bit of reassurance.

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the response. The only thing i'm worried about is that if i got an iphone then when the new one comes around i won't be able to upgrade to it because i've only just got my contract. If O2 allow you to upgrade to the new model when it comes out then that's fine, i just know that i won't be able to wait and may effectively 'screw' myself over. If somebody could tell me whether i'll be able to upgrade when it comes out that'd be great! Thanks again in advance.
Message 2 of 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Go to the iphone forum and do a search you are asking a customer based forum only o2 know the answers.

If you need help ring o2 they will know. ( But as it is only rumors C/S will not know till launch date if there is one)
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,
Apparently there's a new iPhone coming out in July. I was looking to get my iPhone today/tomorrow but obviously, if a new model is coming out, I'm a little cautious. If I got the existing iPhone, would I be able to upgrade to the new one for free? Or would I be expected to pay the 100 odd pounds to get the new model (on the £35 a month contract). If you can upgrade for free, regardless of any changes in tariff (as long as they're not extreme) I'd be happy to get my iPhone today, I just wanted a bit of reassurance.
Thanks in advance!

with the last one the rules were if you took out the first gen iPhone before it was announced you could upgrade for free if you took it out after it was announced you had to pay a 'bridging' fee of around £100 odd. From what ive heard it generates a large (if not most) of o2's revenue so i dont think they would not allow people to move to the newer iPhone as the loss for them would be massive.
Message 4 of 4