cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPhone Today

Anonymous
Not applicable
So it seems Apple are set to launch a new iPhone today.

How long will it be before O2 advise if we'll be allowed to upgrade early like we were with the iPhone 3G?

Be nice to see some prompt decision on what options are available to us.
Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

well that is what i am doing reading all these posts!
" y cant i upgrade " OMG! look at the price of the new iphone " grin tough

Then don't read them!? Or are you not bright enough to figure that out for yourself dear?
Message 41 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it carries on the way it does, come January I will leave and just unlock the 3G to a better priced network. I hardly use all of the mins or texts, about 10% of it. However, I just like Apple products (it is the best phone out there currently - there is just a quality to it), and now there is a faster one with voice activated dialling (the only thing I really wanted in an iPhone 1.5 years ago). The perfect phone for me.

Now I have to sit this one out until Jan 2010 and then think about whether there will be a new phone 5 months down the line, maybe I could negotiate that clause into the contract. slight_smile

I could get a new contract, give my phone to my mum or dad and ask them to pay me £5 a month and be better off than the deal I am currently offered. The only problem with that is keeping my number. Or just unlock it and sell it.

I don't think it is worth it, as much as I like the phone, the 3G is still slower than it was advertised, will the 3G S be any different? Still the best phone out there.

Poor show, O2. You can do better than this.
Message 42 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
its a little amusing watching all the sad ppl arguin about a phone im brighter than u would imagine dear....
Message 43 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
...especially on the tethering rubbish and the lack of reasonable upgrades for existing 3G customers. I am on an 18 month contract on a 16GB iPhone 3G at £45.00 per month, which has untiol 11th January 2009. (yes... I am one of the saddos who queued on launch day last year.)

My Plan is to buy an new iPhone 3GS PAYG handset on the 19th for £500 odd quid or whatever it is, and use my exisiting iPhone 3G SIM card in it for the next seven months. I will then sell my year old 3G handset on ebay for an optimistic £300 quid.

I will then, come upgrade time, upgrade my handset as normal aquiring another iPhone 3GS handset whisch again will go the way of the ebay for a lot, LOT more money.

To buy out of my contract and to lay out expense for a new 3GS handset next week will cost me a wopping 490 quid. I may pay 500 next week doing it this way but I will be making myself a tidy profit in the long run.

Anyone else considering doing this?
Message 44 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm over it...

The updates will do for me. I can wait until January and make a choice then. Balls to it. I'll have more bargaining power then anyway! I can spend the money on something else now! grin
Message 45 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not a bad idea Vevey. I thought about evilbay, but I wasn't sure on what the end price will be.

My 3G is in good nick and protected by invisible shield. A choice of options I suppose.

Might actually come out of this better off than if I just signed a new 18 month contract.

The 3G already takes existing O2 SIM cards, I tried that earlier, and it could be unlocked to other networks.

Get the PAYG, use that upgrade and sell either the new one or the PAYG.
Message 46 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
The new model is on the O2 website - available from next week! Word is, that O2 will not be allowing existing 3G users to upgrade (for free) as did 2G users. Cancellation of existing contract then taking out new contract or, buy a pay-go 3G S and use your existing 3G sim.

Extortionate prices compared to the US though. The only difference as I have read is that the new model is faster browsing and you can send video recording via email and SMS. Also, it has a compass on it! Hey-ho!

The software upgrade OS 3.0 features loads of new stuff - have a read, it's quite exciting really.
Message 47 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah Vevey2004 - I am gonna do the same thing as you matey! I have only had my 3G contract since early May this year - cost me a shed load to buy outta my contract so get the PAYGO one and flog my current one on Ebay, or elsewhere!
Message 48 of 54

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
...especially on the tethering rubbish and the lack of reasonable upgrades for existing 3G customers. I am on an 18 month contract on a 16GB iPhone 3G at £45.00 per month, which has untiol 11th January 2009. (yes... I am one of the saddos who queued on launch day last year.)
My Plan is to buy an new iPhone 3GS PAYG handset on the 19th for £500 odd quid or whatever it is, and use my exisiting iPhone 3G SIM card in it for the next seven months. I will then sell my year old 3G handset on ebay for an optimistic £300 quid.
I will then, come upgrade time, upgrade my handset as normal aquiring another iPhone 3GS handset whisch again will go the way of the ebay for a lot, LOT more money.
To buy out of my contract and to lay out expense for a new 3GS handset next week will cost me a wopping 490 quid. I may pay 500 next week doing it this way but I will be making myself a tidy profit in the long run.
Anyone else considering doing this?

I agree!
Message 49 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
im brighter than u would imagine dear....

Awww... no you're not.
Message 50 of 54