Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contracts

pierced6966
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So i have recently been getting text messages from o2 about upgrading as my contract is up for renewal shortly.

So i decided to go check out how much my Samsung S7 was worth against the new S9.

In the upgrade/recycle option you select manufacture, model.

The options did not have the British version, they had the American Verizon version G930T, British is G930F.

Seeing as that is the nearest to British model i selected it.

The value according to the site of my phone is £0.00, so i thought i would see value of over phones, S9, iphone X and all came up worth £0.00.

Now considering i did a price comparison on another site i knew mine was valued at £171-£174.

I call O2 and explain their site is giving zero value and that its not even British phone, responce, what do you want me to do about it. Customer service said they can check which i said yes please, to which i am told £120.

Now considering i've been with the company for past 8 years you would think they would want to keep customers and give them a better deal than competitors.

Nope, not the case with O2, they think i will gladly sell my phone for less, take out a new contract for the S9 costing Me £164 more than a contract simular to vodafone so in effect adding loss of value on phone £214.

Not a chance in hell i am staying, in the old days companies valued keeping customers but now not so much.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff for the mention slight_smile I've passed on this feedback, and I've also sent you a PM @pierced6966, in case you need further help slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 21 of 24

pierced6966
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wouldn't say those running the O2 site are slow but 6 days on they still have not fixed the fault. 

Still coming up with American models and still offering £0.00 on trade ins.

While they are at it how about adding a option to sell more than one phone, selling them all at same time, less packaging, less transportation, better on enviroment. 

Message 22 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I wouldn't worry about 6 days mate........
Check back in 6 years and it might be done wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions