Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contracts

pierced6966
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So i have recently been getting text messages from o2 about upgrading as my contract is up for renewal shortly.

So i decided to go check out how much my Samsung S7 was worth against the new S9.

In the upgrade/recycle option you select manufacture, model.

The options did not have the British version, they had the American Verizon version G930T, British is G930F.

Seeing as that is the nearest to British model i selected it.

The value according to the site of my phone is £0.00, so i thought i would see value of over phones, S9, iphone X and all came up worth £0.00.

Now considering i did a price comparison on another site i knew mine was valued at £171-£174.

I call O2 and explain their site is giving zero value and that its not even British phone, responce, what do you want me to do about it. Customer service said they can check which i said yes please, to which i am told £120.

Now considering i've been with the company for past 8 years you would think they would want to keep customers and give them a better deal than competitors.

Nope, not the case with O2, they think i will gladly sell my phone for less, take out a new contract for the S9 costing Me £164 more than a contract simular to vodafone so in effect adding loss of value on phone £214.

Not a chance in hell i am staying, in the old days companies valued keeping customers but now not so much.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

You'd be better off selling it either on eBay (for the most) or cash converters, and using the cash towards the new contract. O2 recycle are poor value.

Message 2 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Site is working fine for me ?

https://www.o2recycle.co.uk/search-results.aspx?q=galaxy%20s7

recycles7.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 24

pierced6966
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thats not the same link when you are signed into your O2 account.

https://www.o2.co.uk/upgrade/upgradeOptions#/tabs/phones

02.png

Message 4 of 24

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Most strange !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 24

pierced6966
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can you try it in the link i sent, select your phone and select update device which means thats the device you are looking to sell.

Every phone i tried came up as £0.00 value.

I even took it a step further and continued on as if i was going to go through with the upgrade transaction and it actually did want me to give them my phone for free!

Message 6 of 24

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@pierced6966 wrote:

Can you try it in the link i sent, select your phone and select update device which means thats the device you are looking to sell.

Yes, I get the same as you.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 24

pierced6966
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Selling through the price comparison site it will be worth £171- to £175, O2 came in as one of the worse, not even a better deal for customers.
The upfront cost on Voda is £165, £23 per month.
O2 £60 upfront and £35 a month.
Not a great way to keep loyal customers.
Message 8 of 24

pierced6966
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for trying, i thought i was going nuts, i called customer service and explained they have American versions of handsets and that the value was coming up as £0.00 and didn't seem bothered.

All i got was "what do you want me to do about it"!

Message 9 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Martin-O2@Marjo@EmilieT  are our forum admin staff. I have tagged them so they can check this out @pierced6966

Seriously though, you will get a far  better price if you take it to CEX....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 24