Did you mean: 

📚 New community guides 📚

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

As you all know, we have a fantastic collection of how-to guides created by different members, that you can find here. They are an invaluable source of information for anyone looking for help on the O2 community!

Looking through the queries we are regularly seeing on the forum, and what visitors and members are searching for, we've identified a few themes that aren't covered by any guide (yet), and for which an expertly crafted how-to article would be very useful.

Here are a few of them - we will continue adding ideas to the list below as we identify new opportunities:

• Apple Watch: setup & main features
  • Order process & tracking
  • Using Priority
  • 4G & WiFi Calling: what it is & how to set it up
  • Allowances: what is & isn't included in Done!
  • Age restriction: what it is & how to manage it Done!
  • Mobile email: how to setup a email account on your mobile In progress
  • Spend cap In progress
  • Change your number Done!
  • Change your avatar/Profile card
  • Change your Signature in colour
  • The newly updated My O2

This list is far from exhaustive, and since you guys are helping each other out daily it's likely you can think of more knowledge gaps than the above. Have you answered some queries and thought a guide could be useful for it? We'd love to hear about it!

We're looking for volunteers willing to share their expertise, and time, to write new guides that the whole community will put to very good use. This could be on an individual, or collaborative basis - between several members, or between members and the community team. Some of you also know we have a hidden board, the Drafting Room, that can be used to write and put together this kind of articles, and that anyone interested in writing a guide will be given access.

If you're interested in writing either of these guides, or have ideas on other ones that the community could benefit from having created,

please let us know in the comments nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
That's all I could ad to it lol can't think of anything else
Message 11 of 27

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
I could do the 'change your number' guide as there are a couple of ways to do this that I know about from the past.
Message 12 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Someone (and NOT ME) needs to do an Avatar/Profile card and Signature (in colour) guide.

It's no secret to the regulars that I have NEVER done my own, ever!!

I have changed it many times, and it has been either @jonsie, @MI5 , @viridis or @Cairdeas who have changed it for me.

I tried once, got the sizing wrong and gave up. The thing is when you make a mistake it shows openly as a mess. So I was having none of that!! Lol

Just remember I mentioned a signature in colour (Even I can do one in black)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 27

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Someone (and NOT ME) needs to do an Avatar/Profile card and Signature (in colour) guide.

I second that, having spent some time fiddling with finicky fonts and faffing with farty formatting codes...

And twice, once for Phone (Mobile) and again for Full.

Kudos for the suggestion, @Cleoriff

Message 14 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Sounds like a job.... 😂 

And there you have just the man to do it @jonsie 

Many thanks for offering...kissing_heart roseLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 27

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@SamsungFanBoy That'd be awesome! PM on the way to discuss it a bit more wink

@Cleoriff That's a great suggestion, I'll add it to the list in my initial post since I'm updating it this morning anyway! This sounds like it would be a good opportunity for collaboration, either between a few members or between members and the Community team slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 17 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Cleoriff That's a great suggestion, I'll add it to the list in my initial post since I'm updating it this morning anyway! This sounds like it would be a good opportunity for collaboration, either between a few members or between members and the Community team slight_smile

Thanks @EmilieT 

I have to repeat there are some real experts on here who can change avatars and signatures in a matter of seconds. I am proof of that as I have called on the ones I mentioned above frequently to change mine.

Re Signatures in colour, that's a real faff. There is no choice of colours in the profile box and you have to add a silly code such as <.>./<> blah blah <Blah> Red <> or some such ridiculousness!! Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 27

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Has any of you recently ordered a device from the O2 website, or is planning to do so soon? We've been working on gathering some initial info around the order process and tracking on our end, but we'd love to work collaboratively with one of you to create a guide on this slight_smile

Let me know here, or via Private Message, if you're interested!

signature

Message 19 of 27

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

We have a new opportunity for someone to create a guide around the newly updated My O2 app! I've added it to the list above. We've got some structure in mind on what parts could be covered, and are getting some images/videos as well to accompany the text parts - would anyone be interested in putting one together / collaborating? slight_smile

Also I'd love to hear as per the above, if there's any takers for a guide around order process/tracking? We have some info around that too so also a good one for collaboration. 

Drum 

Message 20 of 27