Did you mean: 

📚 New community guides 📚

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

As you all know, we have a fantastic collection of how-to guides created by different members, that you can find here. They are an invaluable source of information for anyone looking for help on the O2 community!

Looking through the queries we are regularly seeing on the forum, and what visitors and members are searching for, we've identified a few themes that aren't covered by any guide (yet), and for which an expertly crafted how-to article would be very useful.

Here are a few of them - we will continue adding ideas to the list below as we identify new opportunities:

• Apple Watch: setup & main features
  • Order process & tracking
  • Using Priority
  • 4G & WiFi Calling: what it is & how to set it up
  • Allowances: what is & isn't included in Done!
  • Age restriction: what it is & how to manage it Done!
  • Mobile email: how to setup a email account on your mobile In progress
  • Spend cap In progress
  • Change your number Done!
  • Change your avatar/Profile card
  • Change your Signature in colour
  • The newly updated My O2

This list is far from exhaustive, and since you guys are helping each other out daily it's likely you can think of more knowledge gaps than the above. Have you answered some queries and thought a guide could be useful for it? We'd love to hear about it!

We're looking for volunteers willing to share their expertise, and time, to write new guides that the whole community will put to very good use. This could be on an individual, or collaborative basis - between several members, or between members and the community team. Some of you also know we have a hidden board, the Drafting Room, that can be used to write and put together this kind of articles, and that anyone interested in writing a guide will be given access.

If you're interested in writing either of these guides, or have ideas on other ones that the community could benefit from having created,

please let us know in the comments nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’d be interested in mobile email as I have plenty of experience setting up my email on iOS
Message 2 of 27

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Awesome @Anonymous, that'll be very interesting! I'll send you a PM shortly to talk about it a bit further, and see how I can support you through the process of creating this new exciting guide slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 3 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
May have a chance over the weekend if anything is left.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 27

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 Brilliant! I'm sure there will be plenty left, and as I mentioned this list isn't exhaustive at all so if you've got some time and feel inspired, we can definitely figure something out wink

I'll message you Friday morning to check in!

signature

Message 5 of 27

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Now there's a thought.. 🤔
Message 6 of 27

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Shouldn't the WiFi calling be WiFi and 4g calling lol to complecate things
Message 7 of 27

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
WiFi calling what it is is when your connected through WiFi you can make a call just like you call from your mobile only problem your find with WiFi calling is is if you lose all the WiFi signal you'll turn have your call dropped unless it supports fall back onto the network
Message 8 of 27

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
That's my contribution lol
Message 9 of 27

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@pgn 

Any ideas for new guides, or interested in creating one? nerd

@liggerz87 

Yes 4G and WiFi Calling would make sense together! The list is in no way fixed so thanks for reminding me of that. And good start on WiFi Calling, if you'd like to expand a bit to create a full guide let me know, we can work together thumbsup

signature

Message 10 of 27