Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Tariffs 26th Feb to Include Unlimited Texts

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions
This has been posted in the iPhone forum previously, so I am posting it in the General forum, just to let everyone know that there is a new range of tariffs available from the 26th February when you will be able to check them on line.

If there is anyone thinking of changing tariffs, it may well be worth while waiting until that date to check out the best one for yourself. Having said that, there may be present tariffs that won't be available. O2 normally honour these contracts to existing customers.

Either way, it may well be advisable to carefully consider your options. The new tariffs are, according to someone 'in the know', along the lines of the Vodaphone offers and some will include unlimited texts.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seem to getting less for your money. Half the minutes for what I am getting on Simplicity 20, one month contract.
Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm, not good if the MMS ect are now being charged at 20p. So really there is nothing that separates o2 from the rest now? At the moment I'm on the old Sim Only monthly plan which gives me 600 mins, 1200 texts, and I've chosen the Unlimited monthly web bolt on.

The closest to that then now would be the Simplicity for Smart Phones package which would see my minutes halved to 300 for the same price I'm paying now! Yes ok it comes with unlimited texts but that would be no use to me, i send less than 100 a month. The new packages would actually be very poor value to me now if I were a new customer compared to the Vodafone and T-Mobile £20 packages which both other web access as well, restricted i know, but i never use more than 200m/b a month anyway.
Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, does the unlimited text bolt-on for current iPhone users still exist?
Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm currently on an 18month contract,paying £35 plus £10 insurance. 500 texts isn't enough!
I don't want to buy a bolt on as my monthly bill will be over £50.
02 don't switch us over to the new tariff, correct?
What's our/my options?

If you want to move to one of the new iphone tariffs with unlimited texts just call 2302 from your handset (free call) and let them know which one you want. They're quite happy to move you over.
Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks canwefixit! I shall give them a call. Cheers for the help.
Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like it's confirmed in the terms and conditions that MMS are now being charged for.

Inclusive Messages and Message Charges

1. Inclusive messages on O2 Pay Monthly tariffs (including iPhone tariffs) can be used for unlimited:
*texts sent in the UK to UK mobiles,
*(for 2009 Pay Monthly tariffs only and not 2010 tariffs), texts sent from abroad (including Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Mann),from your mobile phone for private, personal and non-commercial purposes. This excludes international texts. You may not use your SIM Card:
*in, or connected to, any other device; or
*in a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.
If O2 reasonably suspect you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges or disconnect your SIM or tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.

2. Inclusive messages on O2 Pay Monthly tariffs can not be used for:
*premium rate messages where special charges apply,
*sending messages from the UK to international numbers, these are charged at 16p, except for customers subscribed to Discount Country or ITS who will be charged at 12p; or
*any chargeable messages you receive.

3. Picture messages or video messages sent to UK mobiles will be charged at 20p per message.

Interestingly it don't separate that condition for new or old contracts either? So are the old contracts going to be charged for MMS as well? I suspect not and it's just the way o2 has written the terms, but according to those terms we will be charged!

Terms & Conditions
Message 16 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use the 4 text for 1 feature of the old tariffs as I travel a lot around Europe. Currently I use around 50 - 100 texts when abroad and it is covered by my 500 free texts per month.

If I change or upgrade to the new unlimited text tariffs it seems I will lose this feature and will be charged 12p per text (assuming I have paid for ITS). That will add up to £12 per month to my bill. Can anyone confirm this?

As this was a major advantage O2 had compared to say Orange or Voda but now I no longer have any reason to stay.
Message 17 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions
I upgraded my tariff on the 12th February and this is due to commence on the 4th March. As this was under the old allowances that were advertised (4:1 for overseas texts and also for mms), does anyone know if O2 will honour the original tariff and keep the same allowances under the original terms and conditions or will I now have to pay for mms and texts sent from abroad. As anyone had this confirmed by O2 or been told differently??
Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its fine, you'll continue on the tariff you agreed at the time.
Message 19 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not impressed with the new tariffs at all. Removed decent bolt ons, prices compared to Voda/T-Mob etc seem more expensive and the chances are all phones will be more expensive as well. When I upgrade, I will certainly not be upgrading to any of these tariffs.
Message 20 of 20