Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone Return

Itzcraig
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So i returned my new phone which I didn’t like within 14 days. As tracked by royal mail it shows that the phone reached the return o2 center. When i asked them to cancel my contract they are saying that the phone is not marked as return. How many days does it take for them to mark my phone returned??
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Usually takes around 7 days for O2 to scan it back in and clear your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Itzcraig

It happens when the warehouse scan it back into the system...

If worried contact customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edited spelling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Itzcraig
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Been contacting o2 several times. First time i was told it was scanned and marked return and within 24 hours everything will be cleared. 2nd one said it might have reached o2 return center but not scanned. 3rd one said give it few days till friday and said ill have to pay remaining phone amount.( why should i pay if i returned the phone within 14 days and was marked return) ?
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You only have to pay for any usage during the 14 day period before you returned it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Itzcraig, and Welcome to the forum!

It'd be great if you could share any new update with us on this, when your phone is scanned and the contract cancelled. If you need any further help do let us know slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 11

Itzcraig
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just now heard that now the contract will be ended on the 24th tuesday and then my phone was marked returned!!
Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

At least they have found it and scanned it back into the system @Itzcraig

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

Itzcraig
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yea i think because my phone bill ended and only my sim card bill was there. So yea and it shows on my number that my contract will end on the 24th. What a relief after all the struggle with customer service
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good news mate wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11