cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New O2 Travel rip off

Anonymous
Not applicable

So the new O2 Travel is going to include texts and calls as well as data allowance for the daily rate of £1.99 

"The £1.99 charge will be triggered automatically when calls or texts are made to other O2 Travel destinations including the UK, or when data is used. Any unused data, calls and texts won’t be carried over to the following day. "

previously the £1.99 was just data..

any sent texts (UK and Europe) were just an additional 5p ( and free to receive) and calls 50p and 60 mins free talk 

so new O2Travel .. if I send a text it will automatically charge me £1.99 to trigger the plan for the day even if I only send 1 or 2 texts that day and dont want to use data or calls and nothing is carried over, whereas before it would only charge me 5p per text and £1.99 if I chose to use data

Good plan if I wanted to use data calls and texts all day,  bag of crap if I just want to send a few texts

Thought the Ombudsmen had decided data roaming and stuff would be reduced costs or normal plan when travelling abroad yet O2 have somehow managed to try and con more ££ out of customers who just want the odd text or two.

No wonder O2 is going "down the pan"

See ya O2  ...you're time is up

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes correct ..
We already have a thread running discussing it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Join in here....

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/O2-Travel-Changes-7-4/m-p/953629#M109136

Thanks @jonsie I've locked this thread so everyone can use the existing discussion. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4