cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never moved to a new network before. Help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
For years I was with Virgin but today I've switched to O2 keeping my old number and I'm waiting for my new phone to arrive. I got a PAC code from Virgin yesterday and it's at this point I'm unsure of what to do when the new phone arrives.

All of my contacts are on my Virgin sim. Do I put it into the new phone and move the numbers over or is it done automatically when I ring O2 to activate the PAC code? Will I use my continue to use my old sim or the one that comes with the new phone? My Virgin account will end on 13 June. If I ring O2 later this afternoon to activate the migration, do I continue to use my old phone and sim for a day or two until the transfer takes place, or the new phone with the new sim? If I use the new phone and sim, am I getting charged for calls?

Sorry to seem a bit dim, but I've never had to do this before!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well the phone arrived. Pics, videos, music are all on but not contacts. I've got them synched into Outlook but not sure how to get them from there into the new phone. Any help? Thanks!
Message 11 of 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I have not had any experiance of your phone perhaps a google search will help you.

have you installed the pc suite? it can be downloades from samsung here http://uk.samsungmobile.com/supports/so ... l=GT-S8300
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help. I've installed the software and imported my contacts into it, then dragged them over to the phone. All works great!
Message 13 of 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
glad to help
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 14 of 14