Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never give up

bidefordjohnboy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On 15th April 2015 I put in an online request to O2 for an unlatching code for my Sony Xperia S. Almost immediately I received an auto response telling that O2 could not provide code as they did not supply the phone. Quite true, the phone was a Sony Repair replacement so I tell O2 this about nine times over Chat and 202 conversations, each time I got the same answer “ I will advise the unlatching team of this when I request your code”. In between times I was asked for and provided documentary proof that the phone was legitimate, thanks Sony. Towards the end of May I found the O2 Community and made contact with @Anonymous. After plenty of intervention and advice still no code, but not for the want of trying by @Anonymous. Eventually I was advised to contact complaintreviewservice@o2.com attaching as much evidence as possible, you must have a cast iron case and documents to prove it. Within 2 weeks I had my code, it arrived Saturday 25 July. The morel “never give up if you know you are right”.
A sting in the tail my Xperia S died 12 July 2015 RIP.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Perseverance pays but please accept my sad condolences for the dearly departed Xperia S....may he be recycled so that others will exist.

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It was definitely time for a new phone anyway slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bidefordjohnboy wrote:

On 15th April 2015 I put in an online request to O2 for an unlatching code for my Sony Xperia S. Almost immediately I received an auto response telling that O2 could not provide code as they did not supply the phone. Quite true, the phone was a Sony Repair replacement so I tell O2 this about nine times over Chat and 202 conversations, each time I got the same answer “ I will advise the unlatching team of this when I request your code”. In between times I was asked for and provided documentary proof that the phone was legitimate, thanks Sony. Towards the end of May I found the O2 Community and made contact with @Anonymous. After plenty of intervention and advice still no code, but not for the want of trying by @Anonymous. Eventually I was advised to contact complaintreviewservice@o2.com attaching as much evidence as possible, you must have a cast iron case and documents to prove it. Within 2 weeks I had my code, it arrived Saturday 25 July. The morel “never give up if you know you are right”.
A sting in the tail my Xperia S died 12 July 2015 RIP.

Shall I make the tail more interesting @bidefordjohnboy....? Sorry for not telling you this before but now that it's over I'll let you in on a little secret.....

More info
The Manager that dealt with the last request you made from customer services, is my Manager! The person that you spoke to on the phone is on my team and when he took the situation to our Manager she recognized it, because just a couple of hours before I had asked her for advice about it .
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We always advise that perseverance is the key. Damn shame though it all took so long......Sorry about the phone....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5