Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network-related content and discussions

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone, I hope your week is going well.

As part of our community content planning for the future, we'd like to get a better understanding of what kind of network-related content/discussion you'd like to see here on the community and what you are interested in.

• What kind of information would you find useful to better understand the O2 network in general? 
  • Many of you offer help and advice already around various network-related queries to other members, which is really great to see. We'd love to hear if you think there's anything that we can help you with to have these conversations on the community? 
  • Is there anything else network-related that you'd love to see or learn about?

It would be really great to hear what you think so please do drop us a comment below. slight_smile

Cheers

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I can't think of anything network related @Marjo 

I always find that @Chris_K , @Martin-O2 and yourself keep us updated with information and innovations.

I'm sure the more technically minded will have some ideas though. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff  for your comment and if you do think of anything at any point, don't hesitate to drop another comment on here, whatever it is and we'll take note. slight_smile

Would love to hear some more ideas/feedback from others as well if you guys have anything in mind?

Cheers!

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo wrote:

Hi everyone, I hope your week is going well.

As part of our community content planning for the future, we'd like to get a better understanding of what kind of network-related content/discussion you'd like to see here on the community and what you are interested in.

• What kind of information would you find useful to better understand the O2 network in general? 
  • Many of you offer help and advice already around various network-related queries to other members, which is really great to see. We'd love to hear if you think there's anything that we can help you with to have these conversations on the community? 
  • Is there anything else network-related that you'd love to see or learn about?

It would be really great to hear what you think so please do drop us a comment below. slight_smile

Cheers

@Marjo 

It would be interesting to know a little more about the backhaul capacity from sites as this would be useful for answering 'why is my data so slow?' type questions (obviously a Macrocell has a higher capacity backhaul than a Microcell as the Macro also acts as a feeder).

It would also be useful to know if MVNOs are limited to a percentage of bandwidth on a cell as appears to be the case (I've a foot in both camps here as my Mum is on O2 and I'm giffgaff but obviously I'm not expecting exact details as these will relate to the wholesale agreements and thus would be commericially sensitive).

Would also be interesting to see any of the interesting site disguises (trees, antennas painted to mimic brickwork/stonework).

No people, I'm perfectly normal and don't own an anorak, ok slight_smile

Message 4 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  thanks a lot for your content ideas/wishes above, we'll take note! The site disguises one took me by surprise. laughing I'd also love to see some of those myself though!

Keep adding to the list guys if you think of anything else. thumbsup

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo 

About 20 years ago when I was in Sixth Form college studying a Business course I wrote a piece on the impact of the law on businesses and I chose to profile the mobile network operators in the UK, one of a number of areas is of course network planning and planning permission for transmission sites (I touched on it so it didn't turn out as boring as it sounds) but I did find some pictures of antennas disguised as trees and with specific paint jobs to blend in, at the time there were some people that used to go round taking pictures of them.

Ended up getting a Distinction for the assignment so while I've never felt the urge to whip out my camera, it would still be interesting to see how the disguises have developed slight_smile

Message 6 of 7

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
There is one that would be good on here is a tabic is called network services issues. Like giffgaff has on there communty forum. In the network issues tonic area they put is forts with any of there services and they keep the post in the nerwork services issues tonic on now they getting with fixing any of there network services issues they put on the post on what the issue is they put down on what services are evectid on the issue and then when the issue is fixedthey let us by putting resohed of if they are going to update any of there network services or there website they post it in there network issues tonic and what services are going to evectid during the update and what date and time the update is going to be and they put what date and time the update and time the update will be completed.
LGreenwood
Message 7 of 7