Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Highlighted
Anonymous

Network rejected. Help!

Hello Smiley Very Happy I am new and I am having some problems. I am on pay monthly and have a samsung phone (fairly new at that) and this evening it has started playing up. After a few minutes of each call, it cuts out and says 'network rejected'. I have called several different places and numbers, mobile and landline and it keeps happening.

I called O2 who said to wipe the sim card....and then the 'network rejected' and ended the call.

Has anyone had this before? Is it a network issue, or is it my phone? If I put my card in another handset might that fix it perhaps?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Network rejected. Help!

I had same issue with my mobile broadband called O2 and they told me the GPRS had been knocked out so i'm guessing that's what's happened to your phone.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Network rejected. Help!

is the sim card in firmly? sometimes if you move the phone and its loose and moves around the contacts can mistouch and cause a 'dropout' - I dunno what o2 mean by 'wiping the sim' as that wont do anything??? - cant see how removing your contacts and messages will fix it

I think its either LOOSE or the SIM itself is dodgy and needs a new one

Is this for mobile broadband aswell as calls?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Network rejected. Help!

is the sim card in firmly? sometimes if you move the phone and its loose and moves around the contacts can mistouch and cause a 'dropout' - I dunno what o2 mean by 'wiping the sim' as that wont do anything??? - cant see how removing your contacts and messages will fix it

I think they mean physically wiping the SIM - dirt and grease from fingers etc on the gold contacts can cause problems.

SV
Highlighted
Anonymous

Network rejected. Help!

I think they mean physically wiping the SIM - dirt and grease from fingers etc on the gold contacts can cause problems.
SV

DUH! - silly me lol
Highlighted
Anonymous

Network rejected. Help!

Well I tried wiping the sim (physically with my sleeve! Not removing everything on it.... Smiley Very Happy) and it has been ok for the last few calls. But just now it has cut out again.

I really don't know what to do.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Network rejected. Help!

Well I tried wiping the sim (physically with my sleeve! Not removing everything on it.... Smiley Very Happy) and it has been ok for the last few calls. But just now it has cut out again.
I really don't know what to do.

try the phone with another sim to be sure it IS the sim card

if it IS it will need replacing